Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Purchases not Tracking through the AGR portal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dlagrua

dlagrua

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts
  • Interests:Car collecting, Train Travel, Model RR, Visiting Historical sights, Cooking, Antiques, but above all love for friends and family.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:51 PM

Clicks always register but my last few purchases though the shopping portal never registered as transactions. Put in missing points requests on both stating that I have screen shots and back up data but no reply on either of them. Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by dlagrua, 02 December 2017 - 04:51 PM.

#2 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Cross-country skiing, forestry, botany, solar power, gardening and food!

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

Replies can take a long time to come through. My clicks are always tracked, but some of this year's purchases have not shown up. They did put them up as "pending" after I inquired, and then they were cancelled after two months instead of posting. I've got it figured out now that certain vendors really mean it when they say in their promotional emails:

Third-party cash back and reward points may not be valid with these offers.

(The deal was really good, better than points, so I just didn't bother with the portal on that one).

My latest purchase did show up immediately, unfortunately I will be returning the item because it did not fit, so the points will get cancelled. :(  YMMV

Jennifer

I'm a "little Old Lady in Tennis Shoes" (LOLITS) from Eastern Oregon. I love to travel by train, though I live way out in the toolies, far from the nearest Amtrak station (Chemult). My station would have been Baker City, but they cancelled the Oregon Pioneer just before I took my first long-distance train trip as an adult. I've taken most trains in the West, but I'm still exploring new routes in the east.

#3 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,206 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

Has it been at least 60 dayssince you made the purchases?:huh:

This has happened to me in the past. AGR has informed me that they will not investigate the claim until the 60 days have passed.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#4 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

My last "missing points" query on the shopping portal centered around the pending points not being posted (after several weeks).

I never received a reply.

Edit: Still waiting!

Edited by FrensicPic, 03 December 2017 - 05:26 PM.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

5540 miles booked for this fall on the Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, Illini/Saluki, Southwest Chief.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/

#5 dlagrua

dlagrua

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts
  • Interests:Car collecting, Train Travel, Model RR, Visiting Historical sights, Cooking, Antiques, but above all love for friends and family.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

Has it been at least 60 dayssince you made the purchases? :huh:

This has happened to me in the past. AGR has informed me that they will not investigate the claim until the 60 days have passed.

It says on the AGR shopping portal "If after five days your transaction hasn’t tracked as pending, simply complete the missing points claim form. We’ll add a pending purchase to your account and raise your claim with the retailer"   Then it says allow 60 days for the points to post.

#6 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

Has it been at least 60 dayssince you made the purchases? :huh:

It says on the AGR shopping portal "If after five days your transaction hasn’t tracked as pending, simply complete the missing points claim form. We’ll add a pending purchase to your account and raise your claim with the retailer"   Then it says allow 60 days for the points to post.

I made the inquiry (with date, click number and merchant order number), after two or three weeks and the purchase was still not listed as pending.  Coming up on 60 days since the purchase was made and still not listing for pending or response from AGR.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

5540 miles booked for this fall on the Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, Illini/Saluki, Southwest Chief.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/

#7 dlagrua

dlagrua

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

I have an Overstock.com purchase made through the portal on 11/25.  Clicks show transaction doesn't . Follow up points claim with AGR has been ignored so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users