Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Hunter Harrison is Stepping Back A Little.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:49 PM

Don't worry, folks! It is all part of the plan! I think it's called "take the money and run!" ^_^

CSX's CEO Hunter Harrison describes key step in succession plan

Here is a brief fair use quote:

"I am kind of - I don't want you to take this wrong - I am trying to stay back a little bit and allow them some room to do their thing," Harrison said.

Harrison praised Chief Operating Officer Jim Foote, who worked for Harrison when he led a turnaround at Canadian National Railway Co, and others he put in place in a leadership shakeup that rattled employees and investors last month.

Harrison's plans to slash costs, boost profitability, and streamline operations at the Jacksonville, Florida-based railroad have led to persistent service delays and disruptions for some customers.

"I am there to help if they need me," Harrison said. "But at the same time ... this company's got to be ready to deal, and it is going to be ready to deal, without Hunter Harrison. And that's one of the steps in the succession."

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

#2 Palmetto

Palmetto

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

:giggle:

#3 OBS

OBS

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the laugh of the day!

#4 Carolina Special

Carolina Special

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:41 PM

Harrison is now taking medical leave for “unexpected complications from a recent illness”, according to CNBC’s reporting tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#5 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,874 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:57 AM

They failed to remove the stick from his alimentary canal.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users