Amtrak Toys For Tots Train 2017

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirdrail7

Engineer
The annual Marine Toys For Tots train is out and about this weekend. I guess the regime change impacted the consist because the 10031 is not involved this year.

It does feature NS Heritage Unit 911, Amtrak Heritage Unit 156, three bags, three coaches, a table car and the 10021.

http://www.njherald.com/article/20171202/AP/312029928#

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — A Toys for Tots train is making its annual holiday run in New York this weekend.

Officials with the Capital Region Toys for Tots say the toy-delivering train will leave Binghamton on Saturday and make several stops as it heads to Albany. The train will make stops Sunday between Albany and Rouses Point near the Canadian border.

Organizers are inviting families in need and onlookers to meet the train at stops along the route.The train schedule is posted on the Capital Region Toys for Tots Facebook page.
For further information:

https://albany-ny.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/default.aspx

2017 DISTRIBUTION TRAIN:
The 2017 Capital Region Toys for Tots Holiday Train will run on Saturday December 2nd and Sunday December 3rd. Saturday stops will include Binghamton, Bainbridge, Oneonta, Cobleskill and Delanson. Sunday stops will include Saratoga Springs, Fort Edward, Whitehall, Port Henry, Port Kent and Rouses Point near the Canadian Boarder. Follow us on Facebook at Capital Region Toys for Tots for exact scheduling updates.

It looks like we have our first video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that Amtrak run?
default_huh.png

The train you mentioned is operated by CP Rail, whose tracks are between Albany and the Canadian border. (Previously D&H) This is the CP Rail Holiday train. They also have scheduled Holiday train runs on other trackage of theirs in the US.

Is that Amtrak run?
default_huh.png

The train you mentioned is operated by CP Rail, whose tracks are between Albany and the Canadian border. (Previously D&H) This is the CP Rail Holiday train. They also have scheduled Holiday train runs on other trackage of theirs in the US.
Grrr. There are two of them. One is the CP train and one is the Amtrak train, chartered and sponsored by the Marines. I've had trouble linking the public information correctly in the past.

If you're saying the link above is for the CP train (which I didn't think was the case,) it would be much appreciated if you can find a public link for the Marine train. I believe there is a link and reference on Facebook, if you're able to view it.

Back