Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Any reasonable way to transfer Chase points to AGR?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 inspiration100

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

Title asks it all.  Does anyone know of a reasonable way to transfer lots of chase points to AGR?  I know the good days of direct 1:1 are long gone.  Are there any backdoor options that give a reasonable return?  I have over 150k Chase points I'd like to burn on some Amsteaks and mountain views.

I like Superliner trains, not a fan of the viewliner layout. Favorite route is the Coast Starlight.

#2 FrensicPic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Would this work?

Join Points.com and get the points you need by exchanging or moving points from other programs into your Amtrak Guest Rewards account. Keep in mind, exchange ratios may vary between programs. Transfer Now

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

5540 miles booked for this fall on the Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, Illini/Saluki, Southwest Chief.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#3 uppereastsider

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak Select Executive

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

The only way I know has a horrible ratio...

Transfer UR points to Marriot, then transfer at 1:3 ratio to SPG, then SPG to Amtrak. So, 150k UR is 50k Amtrak. Horrible ratio, especially since 150k UR can be used as 1500 in Cashback.

#4 igor

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

Agreed. I don't think there are any good ways to transfer points in. 

As discussed in a recent thread, there are ways. I pointed out a Hilton Offers Surpass Card offer that came with 100,000 Hilton Honors points, but after transferring, that turns into 15K points on Amtrak. In order to get the points you would have had to have spent $3000 in 3 months on the card. 

I have no idea how far 100K in points would get you at Hilton, so the value probably varies by individual. In general, however, collecting points is much harder now that Amtrak switched from Chase to Bank of America.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users