Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Black Friday sale (Empire Builder)

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Amy F_*

Guest_Amy F_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:49 AM

I've been checking the price and availability of Empire Builder between MSP and WDL round-trip Jan 3-5 for the past couple weeks. Value AAA tickets for 3 adults and 3 kids has been $190 each way. I was waiting until a possible Black Friday sale and Empire Builder is supposed to be 25% off during that time. But the ticket price has remained the same. Is it because of the AAA discount? I tried looking at non-AAA tickets and they were $210, so if AAA is 10% off, then that hasn't changed either.

I'm getting nervous about waiting much longer to buy, but I'd love to get 25% more off. Can anyone help me decipher this?

#2 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

Cyber Monday (this Monday) is when many "Black Friday" "on-line" discounts are given.  You can't get AAA coupled with another discount, so if the discount appeared, it would be either or.

#3 pennyk

pennyk

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,136 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:56 PM

Guest may be referring to the Track Friday sale, which is being discussed here.

Amtrak miles: 227,873; Routes: Silver Meteor, Champion, Silver Star, Auto Train, Capitol Limited, Empire Builder, Lakeshore Limited, Adirondack, Vermonter, Cardinal, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle, Missouri River Runner, Acela Express, Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Hiawatha Service, Maple Leaf, Keystone Service, NE Regional, Downeaster, Piedmont, Carolinian, Lincoln Service, Autumn Express 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, Empire Service, Sunset Limited, San Joaquin, Capitol Corridor, Pennsylvanian, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Ethan Allen Express, AEM-7 Excursion, Pacific Surfliner, Palmetto.  VIA miles: 4,584; Routes: The Canadian, Ocean; Alaska RR Denali Star: 356 miles

#4 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,364 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

Input your request and chose ADULT for the fare! If you chose AAA, it overrides any other discount. (The sale fare is a discount.)
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users