P42 #184

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acela150

Super Buff
It appears that 184 the NE Direct Anniversary unit has been ping ponging between New Haven and St. Albans recently.

I just looked at my Employee TT with GO 602 inserted. It appears that the MRS Line (Mill River-Springfield) is all 261 territory. (Signaled for movement of trains in both directions) But my question is this.. Is the MRS Line ACSES Equipped?? If it is, since when did 184 get ACSES equipped as well? If the MRS is not ACSES Equipped what are the plans of bringing it online?? I'm well aware of the amount of work going on the line.

When the work is completed, it will be ACSES equipped. They've actually equipped quite a few P42s and P32AC-DM with ACSES and I-EMTMS without naming them in the timetable. You have to contact CNOC for the list.

Additionally, large swaths of the Springfield Line have been converted from 261 to 562 territory.

When the work is completed, it will be ACSES equipped. They've actually equipped quite a few P42s and P32AC-DM with ACSES and I-EMTMS without naming them in the timetable. You have to contact CNOC for the list.

Additionally, large swaths of the Springfield Line have been converted from 261 to 562 territory.
Thanks for that info. I'm not surprised on the conversion from 261 to 562. Seems like 562 is the future. I know that All expect 2 Septa owned lines are now 562.

What is the plan as far as ACSES equipped P42's? All the fleet, half the fleet, x amount of units? I think the key issue here with PTC and Amtrak is that their are a few different type of PTC. Which drives the cost up.

At one point, they wanted everything (except electrics) equipped with all systems. I'm not sure what the latest plan is now that they are shopping around for new power. I suspect they will still press for full compatibility since money may not appear for new diesels.

Back