Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Forum member Sheela Hilton (sunchaser)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Trainmans daughter

Trainmans daughter

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:00 PM

Longtime member, Sheela Hilton passed away this morning from non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. She had been fighting this for about a year and had recently been on hospice care.

When I first joined AU in 2008, she was a very active member and very knowledgeable about trains. She hasnt posted for quite some time, so I cant remember her forum name.

She lived in Salt Lake City and she and her husband traveled to Northern California frequently to visit family. We met them in Sacramento twice and spent hours in Old Sac touring the museum, having snacks and drinks on the Delta King, and walked across the Tower Bridge the time she brought her little grandson and I brought my granddaughter.

She was a good woman and will be missed by her many friends and family members.

#2 PRR 60

PRR 60

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

Her screen name was sunchaser. She joined in 2009 and made over 1700 posts.  I'm very sorry to hear this news.  Our deepest sympathies to her family and friends. 

#3 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:37 PM

:(  I remember her.

#4 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,176 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

So sorry to hear that :(

#5 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,556 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

That's terrible news, she was a wonderful person to talk to.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#6 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Sad news. Thanks for sharing. She will be missed.

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#7 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,278 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

I remember her too.

Thanks for letting us know Patti, and condolences to her family and her friends here at AU.
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#8 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,238 posts
  • Interests:Travel by Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:50 AM

I remember her responding to a joke on my user page once upon a time.  Never really knew much about her but she seemed like a nice person.

Edited by Devil's Advocate, 13 November 2017 - 01:50 AM.

I used to be with ‘it,’ but then they changed what ‘it’ was. Now what I’m with isn’t ‘it,’ and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary.

#9 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,744 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:25 AM

I remember her, too. I liked her.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#10 Railroad Bill

Railroad Bill

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Historical and Genealogical research, Travel, Model Railroading. Lions Club & Anything Dealing With Trains

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

Our condolences to her family. A time to remember to be civil to one another as we have such a short time on earth to enjoy our friendships. :)

Amtrak Trains Ridden So Far:    85,179 miles and counting
Lake Shore Ltd, Capitol Ltd, Pennsylvanian, NE Corridors, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Hoosier, SW Chief, Surfliners, California Capitol Corridors, Coast Starlight, Cascades. Texas Eagle, San Joaquins, Missouri River Runner,Cardinal, Downeaster, Silver Meteor, Keystones, Auto Train, Adirondack, Lincoln Service, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Texas Eagle Detour Rt, 2013 Autumn Express Tour PHL, Silver Star, Sunset Limited -Acela Express-  2015 Autumn Express ALB - Empire Service Via Rail Corridor Trains Cobourg-Ottawa-Montreal,(round trip)  The Ocean (round trip)--   2,250 miles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users