Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Coach or Business on the Auto Train?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Matt_*

Guest_Matt_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Looking at taking my first trip on Amtrak (or long distance train in general) this weekend from Lorton to Sanford on the auto train after picking up a new car in NJ. Coach is coming in at $135 and Business at $200. Is the business class seat worth the extra money? What can I expect other than more space, is the food/service improved?

I would love a roomette but I can't justify $600+ for it (just me traveling). 

#2 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

Business Class on the Auto Train
Enjoy an enhanced travel experience in Business Class on the Auto Train and you'll have access to exclusive amenities such as:

Fully refundable ticket if canceled prior to departure
25% point bonus for Amtrak Guest Rewards members
Priority boarding
Seating in dedicated car
Complimentary comfort kit
Two bottles of water
Meals in sleeping passenger Dining Car

I think the seating is the same size as a regular SL LD coach. It is likely to be a little quieter with less kids....slightly more choice in the dining car at dinner for Sleepers and B/C over coach

#3 RichieRich

RichieRich

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

As an almost monthly traveler on the AutoTrain (end bedroom when alone, 2 adjoining bedrooms 4 times-a-year with the niece)...Business has the exact same seats. Basically, you get a bottle of water and you can have "First Class" microwave dining. LOL  If you go Coach...book a downstairs seat: more private, no one walking past all nite, though I see they're booked up. See if there's a Business available downstairs.

Edited by RichieRich, 09 November 2017 - 01:04 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users