Mini Lake Shore

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twropr

Train Attendant
Last night (Wed. the 8th) #49 reported only 40 axles by the detector at Fort Plain, NY (normally has 60). Another forum reported that #449 had struck a pedestrian.

Could #449's passengers been bussed to Albany-Rensselaer and #49 departed west made up from just the NY section?

If this is correct, I wonder if Chicago will add cars to the makeup of #48 when it goes out tonight?

Andy

Not sure what the passenger loads booked looked like, I was on 48(6) and it was pretty quiet, but the Boston section provides the cafe and B-C car, it's a long trip with just the Dinette, unless they grabbed one in Albany.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is correct, I wonder if Chicago will add cars to the makeup of #48 when it goes out tonight?

Andy
It is not happening since they could only offer Superliner equipment which would have to work its way back. The numbers worked out anyway.

An Update: just watched an extremely short Lake Shore Limited pass my office window in downtown South Bend just over 3 hours late. It's consist is just the New York section 5 Amfleet Cars (one I presume the dinette, 4 coaches) two Viewliner Sleepers and a Viewliner Baggage car bringing up the rear, these are pulled by two P42 units running back to back.

Back