Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Septa sprinters

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 cirdan

cirdan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:49 AM

Looks like there is a Charger sitting in the building behind the Sprinter.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

seeing there is no overhead line, I guess they need a charger to charge the sprinter?

• daybeers likes this

#22 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

I had heard that there are bathrooms in the Amtrak AVS-64s, but not the SEPTA ones. Is that true? I was surprised to hear that any locomotives have bathrooms inside.

This is true. Amtrak units have toilets cause most runs that engineers have are over an hour and a half and engineers will use the bathroom during station stops. Septa doesn't believe in bathrooms. That was the worst part of working there. 

It's looking like June 1st is the debut of the Septic Sprinters in Revenue Service. 

That reminds me of some stories I've heard on steam locomotives. There is one man who was a legend Bill Purdie who was the head man over the Southern Railway Steam Program.

He had to go to the bathroom on the steam engine while it was running. So he went to the side and started using it off the side of the train. But forgot he was coming into a town. So while he was going he was waving to people lined up to see the train. He was a hoot.

• cirdan and cpotisch like this
View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net
Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)
Steam Engines I've worked behind: Norfolk & Western No. 611; Nickel Plate Road No. 765; Southern Pacific No. 4449

#23 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

Septa's first Sprinter went into revenue service yesterday on the daily "Great Valley Flyer" Which is a heavily traveled train. It runs Express from 30th Street to Paoli, and then is local to Thorndale. 

• Seaboard92 and cpotisch like this
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#24 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:37 AM

Septa's first Sprinter went into revenue service yesterday on the daily "Great Valley Flyer" Which is a heavily traveled train. It runs Express from 30th Street to Paoli, and then is local to Thorndale. 

Finally! At last we'll be seeing a genuinely good lucking ACS-64 in service. Here's a video I found taken today of an in-service Sprinter:

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#25 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:12 PM

If I remember when I get around to uploading my photos from the First run to Thorndale I'll post one or two. 

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users