Carolinian canceled 10/31?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called in and the agent said that the system says "trackwork west of Raleigh." She didn't know why that wasn't noted in the service advisory, but I asked her to send a note up the chain (she responded that she could but it likely wouldn't do much).

There was a notice posted. It had been scheduled for the week that one of the hurricanes was threatening to go up the coast, so it got postponed. Anyway, they should be working on Boylan interlocking, which is just west of Raleigh station. Hopefully they'll be making final interlocking changes for the new station tracks. They'll need a 12 hour window so neither the Piedmonts nor the Carolinians are running that day.

jb

ps Subject to change.

So, it's no longer canceled. Not sure whether that's a
default_rolleyes.gif
or a
default_smile.png

The trackwork was scheduled for early in October or late September - I forget. One of the hurricanes came up the east coast, so the trackwork was canceled. Then it was rescheduled for October 31. Try to do a false booking. You'll see everything but the Silver Stars is canceled for Tuesday..

jb

Back