old passenger car on the Pennsylvanian?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s10mk

Train Attendant
I was doing some train watching yesterday (10-14-17), and I spotted the #43 Pennsylvanian between Greensburg and Pittsburgh, pa. It was dark, so I couldn't get a good look or a picture. But the Pennsylvanian had some kind of classic passenger car attached to its rear. Did anyone else see that? Or otherwise know what car it was?

I was doing some train watching yesterday (10-14-17), and I spotted the #43 Pennsylvanian between Greensburg and Pittsburgh, pa. It was dark, so I couldn't get a good look or a picture. But the Pennsylvanian had some kind of classic passenger car attached to its rear. Did anyone else see that? Or otherwise know what car it was?
According to a post at Trainorders, it was PRR 7503 - a restored Pennsylvania Railroad executive car. You can read more about it at:

PRR 7503

I was wondering the same thing. Saw it arriving into Harrisburg on #42 about 45 minutes ago. I was watching a Peregrine Falcon cam that is mounted on the Rachel Carson building there. It is aimed at a corner of a ledge where falcons perch and eat their prey, small birds. It also shows a good view of the train station. I often, if I time it right, can see #42 arriving and #43 departing in the morning/afternoon.

Back