Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

The Amtrak Website Has a "New Look."

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#141 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

I'm having trouble finding information about services in or around the stations. It seems like information regarding the availability of red caps, taxis and connecting transit have been eliminated. It still has the map but parking information is as vague as ever.

Edited by Thirdrail7, 18 October 2017 - 09:33 PM.

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

#142 RRRick

RRRick

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Transportation history,

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

There are 100+ posts above that have pointed out problems with the revised Amtrak website. 
How many of you have contacted Amtrak directly and informed them of the mistakes, shortcomings, unworkability and omissions of the new site. I don't see any posts about a reply on a complaint made to  Amtrak. 

#143 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,495 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

There are 100+ posts above that have pointed out problems with the revised Amtrak website. 
How many of you have contacted Amtrak directly and informed them of the mistakes, shortcomings, unworkability and omissions of the new site. I don't see any posts about a reply on a complaint made to  Amtrak. 

On Sunday when it first rolled out, I did contact Amtrak via their FB page (a PM) (since the link to "contact us" was broken, too).  They responded back and we went back an forth a few times.  As I recall, the person I was "talking" to was happy that I contacted them about the issue I was reporting.  Eventually my issue was fixed (just double checked it).

#144 ChuckL

ChuckL

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:42 PM

Prior to this fiasco of a new website, I had another issue with the iOS mobile app. The regular Amtrak agent transferred me to Internet support, so there's actually a possibility that you could be connected to someone that could carry the concerns forward to, dare i think it, problem resolution.

I'm retired from IT after 30 plus years and this frankly has to be one of the worst software upgrades and migrations that I've seen. But I I'll be good and keep biting my tongue so I don't say what I've really wanted to say for the past couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#145 TiBike

TiBike

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

Just wrestled through my first booking on the new site. It wouldn't let me change a booking I had already started from one way to round trip, then my credit card disappeared from my account. It was there, I clicked to book, the response came back saying that the card had expired (it hadn't and it was showing correctly). When I went back to reenter it, my card info had disappeared. I tried logging out and logging back in and it was still gone. Had to reenter it.

On the plus side, I did get a PDF confirmation via email very quickly.

ChuckL - +1 :-)

Coast Starlight • California Zephyr • Crescent • Lake Shore Limited • San Joaquin • Capitol Corridor • Pacific Surfliner

Shinkansen • TranzAlpine (NZ) • Northern Explorer (NZ) • Coastal Pacific (NZ) • Great Southern Rail Overland (Oz) • Tze-Chiang Limited (ROC) • Thello Venice-Paris

#146 west point

west point

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

No replys here yet !

#147 neroden

neroden

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:Please feel free to moderate my posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

People should definitely give specific complaints to Amtrak.  I haven't actually made a booking since the new site was rolled out, so I haven't felt that I could give a proper bug report.

--Nathanael--

Please feel free to moderate my posts.

#148 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,967 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Unfortunately Amtrak seems to be trying to do requirements gathering and the entire development project in terms of a giant bug report :D

#149 quadrock

quadrock

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

I made several reservations on the new website two days ago and immediately received email confirmations for all of them. All my reservations show up correctly under "My Trips" on the website as well as under "Upcoming Trips" on the app, so it looks like they were at least able to resolve some of the reported issues.

#150 Chey

Chey

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:North American passenger trains, especially Amtrak and VIA

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

Has anyone received an emailed eTicket for a reservation made using the new website yet?

I received one at 2157hrs on 16 Oct 2017.

Same here, I had mine within a minute of making a reservation on the new site.

#151 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,495 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Unfortunately Amtrak seems to be trying to do requirements gathering and the entire development project in terms of a giant bug report :D

Kinda sounds like the people at my work.  Getting complete requirements AND good data to work with is like pulling teeth.  :P

#152 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,967 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

I have a recent reservation that was modified by Amtrak to reflect a change in schedule. After they made the change, the changed itinerary appears fine on my Smartphone Amtrak App, but the itinerary content has disappeared from the Amtrak web site. Sigh. The original booking was done on the new Amtrak web site.

I just requested an email of the eTicket. Let's see what happens. When I made the original reservation no email was sent to me, and now even the content of the itinerary is blank. Needless to say, I am yet to be able to print any eTicket out.

Fortunately I have preserved the essentials of it on my Apple Wallet.

This whole thing is pretty disconcerting when compared to the few airline reservation web sites that I use often.

Edited by jis, 20 October 2017 - 03:02 PM.

#153 PaulM

PaulM

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts
  • Interests:Bicycling, computer programming, website development, concert band, train travel

Posted Yesterday, 11:10 AM

I've been getting this since yesterday afternoon.

outToLunch.jpg

#154 keith9016

keith9016

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 AM

I've been getting this since yesterday afternoon.

outToLunch.jpg

Likewise  :(  Guess that is why Amsnag 2.01 is returning strange results!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users