Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

The Amtrak Website Has a "New Look."

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#1 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

The mobile website refresh will occur later this month.   It will take some getting used to.

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

#2 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

I found a bug, at least on my end.  Once I get to the page where they list the trains for my selected stations/date, if I try to change one of the stations it first doesn't show options (like PHL doesn't produce a drop-down showing Philadelphia) and even if I type in the whole city, state abbr, when I click find trains it returns the same info it returned for my original choices on the main page.

And, of course, the Contact Us is currently down.  :P

Edited by AmtrakBlue, 08 October 2017 - 11:26 AM.

#3 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

I had a similar problem. Additionally, I wish the "Service Alert" area had more of an impact.  I'm sure this is a work in progress. It just went live today. A few tweaks are probably necessary.

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

#4 Skyline

Skyline

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

Actually, the entire amtrak dot com website seems to be down at the moment.

#5 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

If you're just typing amtrak.com and it's already in your history, you need to change it (I guess I need to clear out my history :( ).

Remove the last slash and add dot html to  https://www.amtrak.com/home/   https://www.amtrak.com/home.html

#6 RSG

RSG

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Travel, rail travel, libraries, current events

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

It's more than a few tweaks; I tried to check availability for a new booking and there are prompts in the fields "From" and "To" for station or city and entering the station codes then hitting "Find Schedules" does nothing. Then the page refreshes and the red "Enter a valid station code or city." prompt shows. Searching by state shows a dropdown with a state list, but nothing further after a state is selected.

The availability between the standard online booking site and the mobile app interface also shows discrepancies, as well as the mobile app taking a very long time to return a result.

Also, the 'My Account' tab returns nothing. It appears that it's more than a redesign and instead a whole new front end interface.

Edited by RSG, 08 October 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#7 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Apparently my issue is due to browser.  I'm using Chrome.  After someone mentioned it was only working in Firefox for him, I tried it in Safari and it worked.

#8 Bex

Bex

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

Mine works fine on Chrome for Mac but is slightly too large for the page. I had to take the zoom down to 90% to see the whole width. 

I did notice the AGR site still has the old look.

Edited to add: the My Account link brings up a box with a summary of info, and my coupons and points links lead me to the appropriate pages on the AGR site. Previously, that had led me to a login redirect loop which I always assumed had to do with the settings of my browser. I'm glad to have that working.

Edited by Bex, 08 October 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#9 RSG

RSG

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Hrmm...I'm using Firefox; I'll try it in another browser (perhaps Internet Exploiter, since that's the lowest common denominator for WWW page design).

#10 Triley

Triley

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

The mobile website refresh will occur later this month.   It will take some getting used to.

The mobile site is already showing the update.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Amtrak Forum mobile app

My posts are my own opinions and do not represent the views of my employer in any way, shape, or form. ~ Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

#11 TiBike

TiBike

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

I'm seeing the "can't change the selected station" bug too -- on a Mac, using Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera.

It seems to be a work in progress -- lots of pages are inaccessible right now.

Coast Starlight • California Zephyr • Crescent • Lake Shore Limited • San Joaquin • Capitol Corridor • Pacific Surfliner

Shinkansen • TranzAlpine (NZ) • Northern Explorer (NZ) • Coastal Pacific (NZ) • Great Southern Rail Overland (Oz) • Tze-Chiang Limited (ROC) • Thello Venice-Paris

#12 RSG

RSG

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Tried it in Microsoft Edge and most features (that I've tried) seem to work okay. There still is a bug in the current availability between a new reservation and modifying an existing reservation. If anyone has to do the latter today, I would suggest speaking to an agent in the res center.

EDIT:

Also seems to work with Safari in iOS, though there are a few zoom and page spillover issues.

Edited by RSG, 08 October 2017 - 12:57 PM.

#13 amtrakmichigan

amtrakmichigan

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

When entering a voucher number, the button is "dead" when you try to validate it.

49,731 rail miles and counting.

#14 RSG

RSG

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

When entering a voucher number, the button is "dead" when you try to validate it.

Does it work if you are logged in and use the voucher list option?

I'm also experiencing a "Browser timeout" and "Please Log In: To access the requested page you must be logged in" errors, yet the status bar shows me as logged in and the quick info box has the "Sign Out" button.

Edited by RSG, 08 October 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#15 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Interests:Ask me!

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

For me, Amsnag (2.01) isn't working with the change in Amtrak's site.

Work for anyone else?

4/1/1955 - NYC "Pacemaker" - NYP to CHI; 9/14 - EB - CHI to PDX , CS - PDX to EMY, CZ - EMY to CHI; 3/15 CONO - Round trip; 9/15 CL CHI to WAS, Acela WAS to BOS, LSL BOS to CHI; 11/15 CONO - Round trip; 5/16 EB - Round trip; 12/16 CONO -  Round Trip; 5/17 EB - Round trip; 10/17 CONO - Round trip

#16 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:32 PM

For me, Amsnag (2.01) isn't working with the change in Amtrak's site.

Work for anyone else?

More than likely Paul will need to tweak his code to work with Amtrak's new site.  This could take time.

#17 amtrakmichigan

amtrakmichigan

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

I never bothered to make a Amtrak log in account. Never needed to log in to use vouchers all these years.

49,731 rail miles and counting.

#18 Skyline

Skyline

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

If you're just typing amtrak.com and it's already in your history, you need to change it (I guess I need to clear out my history :( ).

Remove the last slash and add dot html to  https://www.amtrak.com/home/   https://www.amtrak.com/home.html

Well, that at least got me through to an Amtrak page. Basically, it was an "under maintenance" page with nothing else.

#19 Skyline

Skyline

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

Could Amtrak be using the same webmaster as the original ACA site had?  :help:

#20 daybeers

daybeers

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Music, Singing, Computers, Stained Glass, Photography, Traveling, Running

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

Well, that at least got me through to an Amtrak page. Basically, it was an "under maintenance" page with nothing else.

When I go to amtrak.com it just forwards me to https://www.amtrak.com/home.html

Amtrak travel so far: only 9,870 miles: Springfield Shuttle (11), Northeast Regional (24), Acela (1), Lake Shore Limited (2), Pennsylvanian (2), Capitol Limited (1)

Ambus mileage (3 trips): 108

Other rail transit: WMATA (~830 miles), Metra, CTA, MTA, MBTA, Metro-North

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users