What did I see midafternoon yesterday (10/6) at SAC?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a superliner midafternoon (Pacific time) crossing the train bridge and going (I think) toward the state capitol. It was about 2:30 or 3:00 (my cousin and I were having her birthday lunch on the Delta King boat :) , so I know we went to lunch around that time, but I looked up the Amtrak LD trains, and I can't think of one that would go through about then).

A lovely afternoon is sitting in a boat on a river and watching a train go by! :)

Was it a whole train or just 1 Superliner car in the consist? :huh:

The Capitol Corridor trains are bi-level and may seem to be Superliners. In addition, California has (I believe) refurbished some damaged Superliners and they may be used on some trains in California - usually 1 carper train.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it a whole train or just 1 Superliner car in the consist? :huh:

The Capitol Corridor trains are bi-level and may seem to be Superliners. In addition, California has (I believe) refurbished some damaged Superliners and they may be used on some trains in California - usually 1 carper train.
If its like the Pacific Surfliner, there is likely to be one Superliner coach in the consist.

Sorry, I didn't see that clearly--I didn't realize the Cap. Corridors are Superliners, so it could have been one of those. (Difficult to concentrate on a consist on a distant bridge when you're also concentrating on dessert! :p )

We stayed on the Delta King one night. It was deja vu from our trips on its twin the Delta King.

Unfortunately the Delta Queen is now stranded in Chattanooga in a like manner because a Congressman from Minnesota wouldn’t let the bill to exempt the Delta Queen from the “Safety at Sea Act” as it had been in the past out of Committee and thus, it could not ply the rivers anymore.

It was a great old steamboat! I think all you railfans would have loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Back