Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Tacoma bypass begins 12-18-2017

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:27 AM

New schedule includes Thruway bus connections. Connections in general can still be improved; All Aboard Washington is working with WSDOT on that.

https://www.amtrak.c...dule-121817.pdf

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#22 Maglev

Maglev

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Trains, environmental science, planetary volcanism.

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

But the new schedules do not include new mileage!  Both the old and the new timetables show 39 miles from Seattle to Tacoma or Tacoma Dome and 75 miles to Olympia-Lacey.  I have noted that the Northeast Corridor timetables do not show mileage at all--I hope the mileage is fixed and not eliminated. 

Northeast corridor Heritage, Metroliner, Amfleet and Acela, CN Super Continental, Broadway Limited, Lone Star, Sunset Limited, Coast Starlight, San Joaquin, Southwest Limited, National Limited, Champion, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Wolverine, Crescent, Empire Builder, Cascades, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Meteor, Cardinal. 

#23 daybeers

daybeers

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:Music, Singing, Computers, Stained Glass, Photography, Traveling, Running, Wikipedia

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:54 PM

But the new schedules do not include new mileage!  Both the old and the new timetables show 39 miles from Seattle to Tacoma or Tacoma Dome and 75 miles to Olympia-Lacey.  I have noted that the Northeast Corridor timetables do not show mileage at all--I hope the mileage is fixed and not eliminated. 

I believe the NEC timetables don't show mileage in order to save space. You can, however, find the mileage on the System Timetable.

Edited by daybeers, 14 December 2017 - 12:55 PM.

Amtrak travel so far: only 10,881 miles: Springfield Shuttle (12), Northeast Regional (27), Acela (1), Lake Shore Limited (2), Pennsylvanian (2), Capitol Limited (1)

Ambus mileage (3 trips): 108

Other rail transit: WMATA (~870 miles), Metro-North, MTA, MBTA, Metra, CTA, RTA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users