Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Is Europe's ghostliest train station about to rise again?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 caravanman

caravanman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Open minded travel, in which the journey is often as interesting as the destination...

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

Astonishing, huge abandoned station at place with only 500 residents!

_98076494_canfranc_stn_alamy.jpg

Click the link for the item, and interior shots...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-41445860

Ed.

Edited by caravanman, 01 October 2017 - 02:22 AM.

#2 Woodcut60

Woodcut60

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains; Amtrak; American Railroad History

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:46 AM

Interesting item, Ed. And what a beautiful station. I crossed the France-Spain border back in June 1982, at a place called Irún, on my way to Lisbon, Portugal. I remember the long wait due to the different gauges, and there were children begging for money.

Amtrak Routes Traveled: Lake Shore Limited, California Zephyr, San Joaquin, Pacific Surfliner, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Cardinal, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Southwest Chief, Hiawatha, City of New Orleans, Texas Eagle, Heartland Flyer, Missouri River Runner, Lincoln, Wolverine, Northeast Regional, Acela Express, Downeaster, Vermonter, Silver Star, Silver Meteor, Capitol Limited, Pennsylvanian, Amtrak Cascades.

Other Routes in North America: Denali Star (Alaska Railroad), The Ocean (Halifax, NS-Montréal, QC), Corridor Montréal-Toronto, The Canadian (Toronto, ON-Vancouver, BC).

Amtrak: approx. 25,000 miles and 47 states.

VIA Rail Canada: approx. 4,300 miles and eight provinces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users