Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

I'm All Aboard This Forum

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ChuckL

ChuckL

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

Hi All!

I'm really glad that I discovered this forum and am now part of it. My love of rail travel began in 1968 when my grandmother took me on a California tour that departed from the old Michigan Central Depot in Detroit on New York Central's Wolverine service to the Chicago Dearborn Station and then onward to Los Angeles on the Santa Fe El Capitan. That.got me hooked!

In the many years following, I've traveled extensively on Amtrak throughout the country, as well as the Windsor-Quebec City corridor on Via Rail and through many countries in Western Europe using a Eurailpass.

I've joined the forum to participate in discussions and learn about the latest changes in rail travel. Looking forward to future conversations with you using this valuable resource.

Happy Travels!
---ChuckL

#2 AKA

AKA

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Welcome aboard!

#3 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,267 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

Welcome!:hi:
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#4 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,278 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:40 PM

Welcome aboard, look forward to hearing about your Train expierences and knowledge!
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#5 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

Welcome, ChuckL! :)

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#6 Woodcut60

Woodcut60

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains; Amtrak; American Railroad History

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

Welcome! You'll find that this Forum is excellent. I've had quite a few questions over the years and there always seems someone out there who knows the answer.

Amtrak Routes Traveled: Lake Shore Limited, California Zephyr, San Joaquin, Pacific Surfliner, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Cardinal, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Southwest Chief, Hiawatha, City of New Orleans, Texas Eagle, Heartland Flyer, Missouri River Runner, Lincoln, Wolverine, Northeast Regional, Acela Express, Downeaster, Vermonter, Silver Star, Silver Meteor, Capitol Limited, Pennsylvanian, Amtrak Cascades.

Other Routes in North America: Denali Star (Alaska Railroad), The Ocean (Halifax, NS-Montréal, QC), Corridor Montréal-Toronto, The Canadian (Toronto, ON-Vancouver, BC).

Amtrak: approx. 25,000 miles and 47 states.

VIA Rail Canada: approx. 4,300 miles and eight provinces.

#7 Railroad Bill

Railroad Bill

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Historical and Genealogical research, Travel, Model Railroading. Lions Club & Anything Dealing With Trains

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

Welcome to AU ChuckL :)

Amtrak Trains Ridden So Far:    85,179 miles and counting
Lake Shore Ltd, Capitol Ltd, Pennsylvanian, NE Corridors, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Hoosier, SW Chief, Surfliners, California Capitol Corridors, Coast Starlight, Cascades. Texas Eagle, San Joaquins, Missouri River Runner,Cardinal, Downeaster, Silver Meteor, Keystones, Auto Train, Adirondack, Lincoln Service, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Texas Eagle Detour Rt, 2013 Autumn Express Tour PHL, Silver Star, Sunset Limited -Acela Express-  2015 Autumn Express ALB - Empire Service Via Rail Corridor Trains Cobourg-Ottawa-Montreal,(round trip)  The Ocean (round trip)--   2,250 miles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users