On-line booking systems down?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6862

Engineer
For the last 12 hours haven't been able to access the on-line booking system, have tried from 2 computers with different operating systems and IP addresses.

An error message coms up (sorry can't paste and copy here with W7)

Problem with our booking system: Sorry, we are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again. (Error ID: 278F)

It has always worked faultlessly for me over the years, is this just a one-off problem or have I just been lucky? Of course it's at a moment where we had decided to start to book our tickets, no longer working out the various combinations. Is there another on-line method to access the booking pages or does anyone have any inside info when the booking system is up and runiing?

Thanks

Update:

Have just tried both the 'single trip' and 'multi city' options. The single trip came up with the same result as above (tried it before and after using the multi-city), the multi-city option now works providing I don't use the back button?

Using the multi-city although not necessary will work for us, is the system stable enough to put our details in?

Thanks again

Second update:

Using the single trip booking form it's possible to book journeys from SFC or SNS through to VNC, but still not from SLO. Which is tough if you want to travel from SLO!

But you can use the multi-city option to book from SLO to VNC as a single trip though, providing the back button isn't used.

When using the 'Find Trains' button Ed

Trying this with W7 and W10, IE browser and Firefox

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, not enough information.

Have been trying to book SLO to VNC on the 13 March 2018, this doesn't work in any other method other than in multi-city mode. Have now found that for any of our other journeys the single trip button works if we're not booking multi-city, just not from SLO going south to either VNC or LAX

ps: would be interested in knowing what the Error Code 278F is

John I think you are right. Haven't got as far along the journey yet as buying tickets heading south from SLO, but the ticket system is working fine north and east of SLO

Thank you

All options are showing up now for the date you selected: Surfliner, Coast Starlight, and several Thruway bus and train combinations. Enjoy whichever one you choose!

Back