Hotel walk from intermodal FTW

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chey

Lead Service Attendant
I'm going to be arriving in Fort Worth late afternoon and will be staying overnight to catch the Eagle the next day. My reservation is at the Embassy Suites, which Google Maps says is .3 miles from the intermodal station. Provided I'm not having back pain that day and can walk with my wheeled carryon, is it a safe walk? I'm a senior and female. Thanks.

Youll be perfectly safe walking in downtown Ft. Worth!

The Amtrak Station is an Intermodel one which Greyhound,TRE and the Local Buses share. Plenty of cabs available as is Uber and Lyft if the weather turns nasty, or you just don't fell like walking.

Thanks, Bob, that's reassuring!

I forgot all about Molly! Yeah, it does go right by there - but according to the most recent online brochure (Aug 2017) it's not free anymore, it says it's 2 bucks. Which I can live with.

I have a feeling the change is very recent. And you're right, it does fit the bill!

You'll have the typical bus crowd (Greyhound and local transit) in and around the station but security is quick to roust out anyone that even looks like they may cause trouble. You will enjoy a very safe walk for sure.

Thanks, all.

I have a chance to take a later, cheaper ride to FTW but it gets there at 8:30, which is almost an hour after sunset, not to mention the station says it closes at 6PM; I don't know, but I would think that changes the equation dramatically. So I think I'll stick to the earlier ride. Got my hat and sunscreen handy if I'm up to the walk! Thanks again, all.

Back