Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

NYP to Stewart hotel 7th Ave.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 margo

margo

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Family, church, travel

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:54 AM

Could someone guide me from when we get off train no. 20 (Crescent from NOL) to our hotel, the Stewart , 371 7th Ave.? Penn station is so large, I don't want to spend hours wandering around. lol Thank you.

Trains ridden: Downeaster, Adirondack, Vermonter, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Crescent, Cardinal, Capitol Limited, Lake shore Limited, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Texas eagle, Sunset limited, Coast Starlight, Empire Service, City of New Orleans. Scenic excursion trains-Combres & Toltec from Chama NM, Georgetown Loop in CO, White Pass & Yukon in Alaska.  I also rode the KCS passenger train from Shreveport, LA to Dequincy, LA many times, and Lake Charles to Kansas City,  before Amtrak.  This shows my age . My father and brother worked for the KCS, so I guess trains are in my blood!

#2 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

You will get off the train on the 8th Ave side of the station... walk all the way through to the 7th ave exit....hotel is on 31st street and 7th on the other side of 7th avenue from the exit about half a block down....

#3 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,281 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

I suggest you have a Redcap help y'all from the Train Platform to Upstairs. Let your car attendant know you'd like one before arrival into NYP.
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#4 margo

margo

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:41 AM

Thank you .  What would we do without this forum?   :help:  :) 

Trains ridden: Downeaster, Adirondack, Vermonter, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Crescent, Cardinal, Capitol Limited, Lake shore Limited, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Texas eagle, Sunset limited, Coast Starlight, Empire Service, City of New Orleans. Scenic excursion trains-Combres & Toltec from Chama NM, Georgetown Loop in CO, White Pass & Yukon in Alaska.  I also rode the KCS passenger train from Shreveport, LA to Dequincy, LA many times, and Lake Charles to Kansas City,  before Amtrak.  This shows my age . My father and brother worked for the KCS, so I guess trains are in my blood!

#5 margo

margo

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

The Red Cap idea sounds great.  How much should we be prepared to tip him?  Thank you.

#6 Medic981

Medic981

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:19 AM

Standard is one or two dollars per bag. Being NYC, I am not sure if that is still the standard.

#7 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,281 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:37 AM

The Red Cap idea sounds great.  How much should we be prepared to tip him?  Thank you.

I'd give them $5/ more if you have lots of luggage and they take you all the way to your exit!

Edited by Bob Dylan, 14 September 2017 - 07:38 AM.

"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#8 margo

margo

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:00 AM

That sounds very reasonable.  Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users