Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Coach vs. Roomette for 2 people WAS-CLE

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 me_little_me

me_little_me

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

Yes, though it is spelled Capitol, not Capital. I know they are nasty hours, but flying would be ~$200 each!

That is a good point regarding getting a roomette on the way back. Opinions on that? I'm thinking I could do $56 each way for coach and then add the companion coupon, so the roomette on the return trip would only be the accommodation charge of $126, correct?

I'm confused about your plans. If you use the companion coupon, it can be used both ways if you buy a round-trip. Not sure it can be ued with saver fare if that's what you see for price. As to roomette, you can't use the companion ticket, I believe, with a roomette.

#22 DesertRat

DesertRat

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:55 AM

My principle is generally to get a room if I can get a full night's sleep, and not otherwise.  Sometimes I really want the privacy, though.

I like the privacy too, plus if I have luggage and work product like I will for my round trip to LA, which is over four hours each way, I prefer the security of a roomette...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users