Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Amfleet I Interior Refresh

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#181 bratkinson

bratkinson

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:34 PM

In the past month or so, the 2 car NHV-SPG shuttles got refreshed cars, too!  So if they're not all done now, they soon will be.

#182 cocojacoby

cocojacoby

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:25 AM

Amtrak posted a timelapse video of the work being done on the cars: https://www.youtube....h?v=Jb0yBoBfOsQ

Doesn't it make more sense to do the carpeting and floor first and then install the seats?  This is great to see but seems ass backwards!

#183 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:33 AM

They weren't changing the seats, they were changing the cushions and covers, so the seat frames and pedestals were staying.

• cpotisch likes this

#184 frequentflyer

frequentflyer

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:28 PM

Probably the Amfleet last overhaul these cars get until their replacements (most likely SIemens) arrive.

Edited by frequentflyer, 12 October 2018 - 12:29 PM.

#185 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:31 PM

Probably the Amfleet last overhaul these cars get until their replacements (most likely SIemens) arrive.

I'm interested to hear where you heard that replacements are coming.  

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#186 CCC1007

CCC1007

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:34 PM

There’s a RFP out for replacement cars, isn’t there?
  • cpotisch likes this

#187 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:29 PM

I thought it was made pretty clear in the RFP that Amtrak is looking for new single-levels...

Edited by cpotisch, 12 October 2018 - 08:57 PM.

• Pere Flyer likes this

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service, Downeaster w/ Great Dome

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome

#188 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

To the best of my recollection, they issued an RFI, which included potential replacements of a few different types. From the responses/submissions given by potential suppliers, they will formulate an RFP, which will likely be issued in 2019. 

• daybeers, Pere Flyer and cpotisch like this

#189 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:28 PM

To the best of my recollection, they issued an RFI, which included potential replacements of a few different types. From the responses/submissions given by potential suppliers, they will formulate an RFP, which will likely be issued in 2019. 

This is what I was looking for. :) Kudos. :)

RFI and RFP is two different beasts IMO. RFI means that something is possible. RFP means we're looking to place an order give us your best price. ;)

• cpotisch likes this
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#190 NSC1109

NSC1109

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted Today, 08:28 AM

This is what I was looking for. :) Kudos. :)

RFI and RFP is two different beasts IMO. RFI means that something is possible. RFP means we're looking to place an order give us your best price. ;)

Recommendations for Amfleet I replacements will be made to Amtrak's Board of Directors in mid-November. Locomotive replacement recommendations will be made in "mid-October", which is probably soon if it hasn't happened already. We will likely have an idea where Amtrak is going at the end of the month when the October NGEC minutes are out, as they are being briefed on the procurements by Amtrak's Charlie King. 

• Pere Flyer likes this
Routes Traveled:
Blue Water, Wolverine, Hiawatha, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Northeast Regional, Cascades

Routes I want to travel on:
CONO, California Zephyr, Lake Shore Limited, Capitol Limited, Crescent, Pacific Surfliner, Capitol Corridor.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users