Change in reservation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtkstn

OBS Chief
A friend and myself are all ready booked on trip from Newton to Fullerton. I need to add another train to my trip that my friend would not traveling with me. Should I add this to the same reservation or make it separate reservation for the part of the trip?

What's the side trip and when? If it's on the Pacific Surfliner then you normally wouldn't need to worry about missing a train since you have the next one that you can use on the same unreserved ticket. However, there are some holiday periods when it's reserved. Are you worried about it being late and missing a guaranteed connection?

A lot of the routes in the area can be served by Metrolink, and would be cheaper.

The trip needed to be added is a Surfliner from Fullerton to Bob Hope Airport going there on Wendsday and return back to LAX on a Sunday. The reason I choose Amtrak is for a better schedule. Metrolink morning trains are limited. This trip will be in the second week of November.

Last edited by a moderator:
The friend I am riding to CA with is getting off at Fullerton. I want to meet his family in Fullerton and also want to do some things in Fullerton. I have to been to LAX before and like to change trains in Fullerton better. What I would like to know will there be a problem with the E-ticket due to the newly added segment of a all ready booked reservation with two passenger one which will not be riding with me. This the first trip I have taken with two passengers since E-tickets took effect.

I would suggest booking the Fullerton-Burbank as a separate e-ticket. There is no savings in fare by having it included as an additional leg on the original ticket, if you plan to stay in Fullerton for some time before continuing to Burbank.

Back