Bob Hope airport

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtkstn

OBS Chief
Is there a way to get from the airport station to the airport without crossing a major street?

Doesn't look like it (based on Google Maps). Empire Avenue pretty much separates the two.

I know there are directional signs on the platform but, crossing Empire Avenue is still necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say that, unless someone has mobility limitations, the walk to/from the terminal is easier than the wait for the shuttle bus (which primarily serves one of the remote lots -- the trip to the train station is an on-demand detour).
I've seen signs there indicating...2 walking routes - one (longer) is on a "moving sidewalk". You still have to cross the street.

I'd say that, unless someone has mobility limitations, the walk to/from the terminal is easier than the wait for the shuttle bus (which primarily serves one of the remote lots -- the trip to the train station is an on-demand detour).
I've seen signs there indicating...2 walking routes - one (longer) is on a "moving sidewalk". You still have to cross the street.
And go up one flight.

Back