Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Taking Amtrak in the Winter

21 replies to this topic

#21 Dakota 400

Dakota 400

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

About the pillows--if you're traveling by yourself, just ask the SCA for an extra pillow. They will just pull out the pillow (two if they're really nice about it) from where the other person's bedding would be if there were two of you.

All of the SCAs that I have experienced do provide both pillows for that Roomette.  I'm guessing that there are no extras available.

As SarahZ posted, the headrest does interfere with trying to get comfortable if I want to sit upright in the bed.  I'm thinking a 3rd pillow would help solve that.  Maybe.

#22 CAMISSY55

CAMISSY55

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:03 PM

Forgive me if it's been mentioned already. I bring an empty pillow case and roll my winter coat or jacket in it to create a "propping up" pillow.

Like some others here, I also run hot. Layers, rather than warm sweaters or PJs does the trick. And a travel fan is a must. Especially in a roomette which can feel stuffy and claustrophobic anytime of the year without one.

The only place that I've been chilly was in the dining car when seated against the window. After the first time, I brought a light sweater or shawl. Problem solved!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users