Acela Lounge Pass/Boarding Capitol Limited in DC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next weekend I'll be travelling to Pittsburgh from D.C. on the Capitol Limited and have an Acela Lounge pass available for use. Question is, given what I recall of the boarding process at Union Station (attendants handing out seat assignments as passengers are herded to the coaches) how is this handled when coach passengers board from the lounge? I presume we will board early with sleeping car passengers, but are the coach attendants alerted that they may have charges coming their way who will need seats assigned? I am guessing there aren't many coach passengers taking advantage of the Acela Lounge passes and considering how disorganized some of the crews can be, just don't want to get lost in the shuffle. Appreciate any insight.

A few years ago, I boarded the Capitol Limited from the Acela Lounge when traveling in coach. A friend and I just got in line in the lounge with the rest of the passengers and walked toward the train. When we arrived at a coach, we stopped and boarded. I think the attendant was surprised to see coach passengers arrive so early. We certainly got our pick of seats.

Back