Double point days (fall 2017)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this, the_traveler.

The Terms and Conditions on the page linked by AmtrakBlue confuse me.

Earn double points on qualifying Amtrak travel from September 18, 2017 12:00:00am CST through November 18, 2017 11:59:59pm CST. Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register for this offer online at AmtrakGuestRewards.com/DoubleDays to participate. Members must include their membership number when making reservations for travel to qualify. Limit of four qualifying one-way segments per day. Amtrak Guest Rewards points will not be awarded for cancelled or refunded reservations or tickets. Other terms and conditions may apply. Double Days is a service mark of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.

*For more information about the rates, fees, other costs and benefits associated with the use of this credit card, click on Learn More and refer to the disclosures accompanying the credit card application for the card product you select. This credit card program is issued and administered by Bank of America, N.A. Mastercard and World Mastercard are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated and are used by the issuer pursuant to license.

©2017 Bank of America Corporation
Amtrak and Amtrak Guest Rewards are registered service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.
What is the credit card paragraph doing there? Why would Bank of America hold a copyright on the T&C?

It looks like a misplaced footnote. The announcement for Double Days is at the top, an ad for the credit card is at the bottom, and a box in the middle has both the terms and conditions for Double Days and the asterisk footnote text for the ad. There should have been two boxes--terms and conditions after the Double Days announcement, the asterisk footnote text after the ad for the credit card.

What happened on September 5, 1991?

I am registered for Double Days and for once will be doing a lot of traveling during that period this year. :)

This very conveniently coincides with when I was already going to travel. Through coincidence and happenstance it looks like I'm going to make Select Plus this year -- helps that BoA actually gave me the credit card (Chase refused to).

Back