Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Double point days (fall 2017)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,109 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:48 AM

Double point days are back! :)

The fall 2017 dates will be from September 18 to November 18. Registration begins on September 5.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#2 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,371 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

https://www.amtrakgu....com/doubledays

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#3 willem

willem

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

Thanks for posting this, the_traveler.

The Terms and Conditions on the page linked by AmtrakBlue confuse me.

Earn double points on qualifying Amtrak travel from September 18, 2017 12:00:00am CST through November 18, 2017 11:59:59pm CST. Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register for this offer online at AmtrakGuestRewards.com/DoubleDays to participate. Members must include their membership number when making reservations for travel to qualify. Limit of four qualifying one-way segments per day. Amtrak Guest Rewards points will not be awarded for cancelled or refunded reservations or tickets. Other terms and conditions may apply. Double Days is a service mark of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.

*For more information about the rates, fees, other costs and benefits associated with the use of this credit card, click on Learn More and refer to the disclosures accompanying the credit card application for the card product you select. This credit card program is issued and administered by Bank of America, N.A. Mastercard and World Mastercard are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated and are used by the issuer pursuant to license.

©2017 Bank of America Corporation
Amtrak and Amtrak Guest Rewards are registered service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.

What is the credit card paragraph doing there? Why would Bank of America hold a copyright on the T&C?

#4 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

It looks like a misplaced footnote. The announcement for Double Days is at the top, an ad for the credit card is at the bottom, and a box in the middle has both the terms and conditions for Double Days and the asterisk footnote text for the ad. There should have been two boxes--terms and conditions after the Double Days announcement, the asterisk footnote text after the ad for the credit card.

#5 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:28 PM

September 5th. Good date IMO. ;)
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#6 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,371 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:40 PM

Except in 1991.   :ph34r:

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#7 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,109 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

Today (9/5) is the day to register!
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#8 tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

All signed up with someplace to go.....specifically Rutland, VT in October!

Over 50,000 miles traveled on Amtrak since December, 2007.  Next trip: October 10-14 RT HOM-RUT

Amtrak trains traveled on as of March, 2017:  Pere Marquette, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Wolverine, Coast Starlight, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Pacific Surfliner, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Cardinal, Northeast Regional, Downeaster, Lake Shore Limited, Heartland Flyer and Amtrak Cascades.

#9 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:25 AM

Except in 1991.   :ph34r:

OH my.. Shots fired! LOL!!

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#10 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

What happened on September 5, 1991?

I am registered for Double Days and for once will be doing a lot of traveling during that period this year. :)

#11 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,026 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

What happened on September 5, 1991?

I am registered for Double Days and for once will be doing a lot of traveling during that period this year. :)

Inside joke Patty. It's when Steve ( Acela 150)joined the Circus we call Life!
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#12 neroden

neroden

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,100 posts
  • Interests:Please feel free to moderate my posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:39 PM

This very conveniently coincides with when I was already going to travel.  Through coincidence and happenstance it looks like I'm going to make Select Plus this year -- helps that BoA actually gave me the credit card (Chase refused to).

--Nathanael--

Please feel free to moderate my posts.

#13 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,775 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

These double points are not TQP. They are just plain vanilla points, so should have no effect on achieving status.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users