Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Quick Question About Bookings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,956 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:26 AM

So a quick question about bookings for the future. 

I need to go to Boston in January. I have to go to a court hearing in the custody case for my girls. The hearing is the day after MLK Day. 66 isn't an option as the hearing is at 9 and I don't trust 66 to be on time. If with a 90 minute buffer at the Route. So my plan is to go up on MLK day. Currently Amtrak.com doesn't show the Sunday schedule. Obviously. The last time I went to RTE on MLK day I didn't get a changed rest until I think 2 weeks in advance. I figure if I book this week I can clearly get a decent price. I have one small issue. I'm looking at taking 2248. 9:39am departure from PHL. M-F their isn't a 930 hour departure to BOS. 830 and 1030. So I'll book the cheaper option which will most likely be the 1030 departure. 

Question is when Amtrak fixes ARROW with the proper schedule, will Amtrak bump me to 2248 or will I need to call them to have it fixed? 

TIA,

Steve

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#2 chakk

chakk

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

If there is still a 1030 departure, Amtrak would not likely move you on their own volition to an earlier departure. So methinks you would have to call them to request a change.

#3 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,956 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

In MLK day it's a Sunday schedule. No 1030 trains to bean town. On top of that I'd be paying for an Acela fare.
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#4 pennyk

pennyk

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

I would book the low fare now.  I think when the holiday schedule gets released, Amtrak will switch you to another train.  

Amtrak miles: 216,828; Routes: Silver Meteor, Champion, Silver Star, Auto Train, Capitol Limited, Empire Builder, Lakeshore Limited, Adirondack, Vermonter, Cardinal, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle, Missouri River Runner, Acela Express, Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Hiawatha Service, Maple Leaf, Keystone Service, NE Regional, Downeaster, Piedmont, Carolinian, Lincoln Service, Autumn Express 2013, Empire Service, Sunset Limited, San Joaquin, Capitol Corridor, Pennsylvanian, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Autumn Express 2015, Ethan Allen Express, AEM-7 Excursion, Pacific Surfliner, Autumn Express 2016, Palmetto.  VIA miles: 4,584; Routes: The Canadian, Ocean; Alaska RR Denali Star: 356 miles

#5 amamba

amamba

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

Ditto penny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users