Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Art project for train passengers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

The river rafters mooning the California Zephyr have a ways to go to out do the Germans...

The art project "Bewegtes Land" transformed Germany's Saale valley into a 30 kilometer long stage, entertaining passengers in passing trains. Some 500 residents and volunteers took part along the Jena-Naumburg route.

http://www.dw.com/en...ers/av-40271799

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#2 Everydaymatters

Everydaymatters

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  • Interests:Travel, antiques, reading, pinochle, grandkids

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

That's fun!  Wouldn't that be great along some of the boring Iowa and Illinois routes!

Routes Traveled: Desert Wind, Southwest Chief, Missouri Mule, Empire Builder, Capitol Ltd., Lincoln Service, Lake Shore Ltd., Missouri River Runner, City of New Orleans, Cardinal, Silver Meteor, Texas Eagle, Cascades, Broadway Ltd., Acela, Downeaster, Sunset Ltd., Coast Starlight, California Zephyr, Hiawatha, Capitol Corridor, Maple Leaf, Ethan Allen Express 76,745 Amtrak miles.    Via Rail Vancouver to Toronto 2775 Miles.

#3 Chey

Chey

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:North American passenger trains, especially Amtrak and VIA

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

Oh, how wonderful! So funny!

#4 SarahZ

SarahZ

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,094 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, baking, local history, urban exploration, music, dancing, and looking for new adventures

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

The shark was my favorite. :)

Amtrak Miles: 39,318

Amtrak Routes: Blue Water, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Carl Sandburg, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Illinois Zephyr, Lincoln Service, Southwest Chief, Texas Eagle, Wolverine

Metropolitan Rail: Chicago Metra, Chicago L, Dallas TRE, Detroit People Mover, New Orleans RTA, San Francisco MUNI, Seattle Monorail, South Shore Line (NICTD), Toronto Subway & RT, Washington DC Metro

#5 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,300 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

That's fun!  Wouldn't that be great along some of the boring Iowa and Illinois routes!

"Is this Heaven?
"No, it's Iowa."
"Funny, I could have sworn this was Heaven!"-------"Field of Dreams"
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users