Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Payment with AGR points AND eVoucher?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Austruck

Austruck

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Comedy, Typewriters, Crocheting, Guinea pigs, Meandering around Sam's Club looking for huge vats of salsa

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

Howdy! I have an electronic voucher for $87 that expires tomorrow night. Would like to use it in conjunction with a bunch of AGR points to buy a roundtrip fare to NYC next spring. 

I can't seem to find a way on their site to combine these two particular payment options. The eVoucher works if I choose dollars/money as a payment choice, but when I switch to viewing prices with points, I don't see anywhere to input the eVoucher code then. I know you can combine an eVoucher with credit/debit cards, but I don't see how to combine it with rewards points.

Is this possible?

#2 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

I'd call an AGR agent and see if they can book for you.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#3 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

Is this possible?

No.

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#4 RSG

RSG

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Travel, rail travel, libraries, current events

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

If you are unable to make it work with an awards redemption, the eVoucher can always be applied to a future trip which is slightly more than the value of the voucher (thus enabling you to receive full value, but also meaning you would have to fork over a few bucks) which you may or may not actually end up taking. If you don't take it, you can cancel for credit towards a trip you will actually take.

#5 Austruck

Austruck

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Comedy, Typewriters, Crocheting, Guinea pigs, Meandering around Sam's Club looking for huge vats of salsa

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

If you are unable to make it work with an awards redemption, the eVoucher can always be applied to a future trip which is slightly more than the value of the voucher (thus enabling you to receive full value, but also meaning you would have to fork over a few bucks) which you may or may not actually end up taking. If you don't take it, you can cancel for credit towards a trip you will actually take.

Thanks! I had a sort of hybrid idea. I booked a trip to NYC for next April. (I'm in Pittsburgh, so a business class seat is only a day trip and came in at around a hundred bucks for one way.) Minus the $87 voucher, I had to pay a pittance.

I'm now going to book the return trip with some points.  :)  Separate trips a few days apart.  :) Almost a free trip.  And with the travel insurance a tacked on for a few more bucks, I'm pretty safe now and got to use the voucher after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users