Payment with AGR points AND eVoucher?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austruck

Service Attendant
Howdy! I have an electronic voucher for $87 that expires tomorrow night. Would like to use it in conjunction with a bunch of AGR points to buy a roundtrip fare to NYC next spring.

I can't seem to find a way on their site to combine these two particular payment options. The eVoucher works if I choose dollars/money as a payment choice, but when I switch to viewing prices with points, I don't see anywhere to input the eVoucher code then. I know you can combine an eVoucher with credit/debit cards, but I don't see how to combine it with rewards points.

Is this possible?

If you are unable to make it work with an awards redemption, the eVoucher can always be applied to a future trip which is slightly more than the value of the voucher (thus enabling you to receive full value, but also meaning you would have to fork over a few bucks) which you may or may not actually end up taking. If you don't take it, you can cancel for credit towards a trip you will actually take.

If you are unable to make it work with an awards redemption, the eVoucher can always be applied to a future trip which is slightly more than the value of the voucher (thus enabling you to receive full value, but also meaning you would have to fork over a few bucks) which you may or may not actually end up taking. If you don't take it, you can cancel for credit towards a trip you will actually take.
Thanks! I had a sort of hybrid idea. I booked a trip to NYC for next April. (I'm in Pittsburgh, so a business class seat is only a day trip and came in at around a hundred bucks for one way.) Minus the $87 voucher, I had to pay a pittance.

I'm now going to book the return trip with some points. :) Separate trips a few days apart. :) Almost a free trip. And with the travel insurance a tacked on for a few more bucks, I'm pretty safe now and got to use the voucher after all.

Back