Stunningly there has been no mention or discussion of this year's Autumn Excursion on AU yet.
There is a posting with extensive information on it on trainorders - those with membership there can view it at:
Summary info from it:
Routing is New York to Newark Penn. Change to diesel and reverse direction connecting into the CSX River Line through the maze of tracks in Jersey City. Up the River Line to Selkirk. Reverse direction at Selkirk and cross the Hudson on the Castleton Cutoff, and join the Amtrak Hudson Line (ex-NYC Water Level Route) back to Penn Station via the Empire Connection.
* The train departs New York - Penn Station, NY, at 8:00 am and Newark
- Penn Station, NJ*, at 8:30 am, returning to New York at 6:10 pm.
*The train will board in Newark but there is no Newark stop on the
* Tickets are $169 for adults and go on sale September 12; includes a
boxed lunch with souvenir tote bag and commemorative lapel pin.
* Children 2 - 12 ride for half price and also receive a boxed lunch,
souvenir tote bag and pin.
* Additional food selections will be available for purchase onboard.
* Seating is limited for this unique opportunity.
Tickets go on sale September 12 at 10am Eastern Time.
No official word from Amtrak yet, but stay tuned. Until then it is just a relatively reliable rumor.