Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 U235

U235

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, golf, train travel, and grandkids.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:51 PM

I'm new in joining this forum but not new to travel by rail. I've traveled quite a bit over the past few years (mostly on business) and have been able to have my wife along with me. We're both great fans of train travel. In two days we take our "dream trip". We are visiting my daughter and her family in the SFO area. We leave Saturday on the CS to Seattle. After a few days there we take the EB to Chicago for a few days of entertainment and hopefully a Cubs game. We leave from there on CL for WAS and after a short stay will take Palmetto back to FAY and a short drive to the NC coast and home.

I've learned a lot in reading the comments and advice given to others over the last couple of years and it has made my travels much more enjoyable. Thanks for all the help and I look forward to participating in the discussion from now on.

#2 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,121 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

Welcome aboard!:hi:
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#3 BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Warbirds and Automobiles.
    Computer Technology.
    Electric Blues

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:24 PM

Welcome!

#4 Shanghai

Shanghai

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:14 AM

Welcome U235.  We too have a daughter in San Francisco (and a new granddaughter).

We just returned from SFO yesterday by train.  It is a long ride but we divide the trip with

an overnight in a hotel in Chicago.  We have been pleased with the train staff on the Meteor,

Lake Shore and the Zephyr in both directions.  Winter Haven, FL is our home base.

Again welcome and please share your experiences with our group.

Spirit of St Louis, Broadway Limited, Three Rivers, Cardinal, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Star, Pennsylvanian, Keystone, Silver Meteor, Regional, Acela, Capitol Limited, Hoosier State, Texas Eagle, Maple Leaf, Empire Service, Ethan Allen, Eurostar, TGV, BR, Orient Express, Netherlands Rail, SCNF, DSB, Deutsche Bahn, KCRC, MRT, MTR, California Zephyr, Carolinian, Missouri River Runner, Lincoln Service, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, BART, CalTrain, NJ Transit, SEPTA, PATCO, Dinky, MBTA, Downeaster, UTA Trax, Heartland Flyer, Hiawatha, Illinois Zehpyr,Carl Sandburg, Piedmont, Vermonter, Metro North

#5 Railroad Bill

Railroad Bill

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Historical and Genealogical research, Travel, Model Railroading. Lions Club & Anything Dealing With Trains

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

Welcome to the AU forum. Wishing you the best in your Amtrak travels. :)

Amtrak Trains Ridden So Far:
Lake Shore Ltd, Capitol Ltd, Pennsylvanian, NE Corridors, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Hoosier, SW Chief, Surfliners, California Capitol Corridors, Coast Starlight, Cascades. Texas Eagle, San Joaquins, Missouri River Runner,Cardinal, Downeaster, Silver Meteor, Keystones, Auto Train, Adirondack, Lincoln Service, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Texas Eagle Detour Rt, 2013 Autumn Express Tour PHL, Silver Star, Sunset Limited -Acela Express-  2015 Autumn Express ALB  - Empire Service 81,815 Amtrak miles & counting    Via Rail Corridor Trains Cobourg-Ottawa-Montreal,(round trip)  The Ocean (round trip)--   2,250 miles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users