LA Union Station Lounge name?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austruck

Service Attendant
Despite the fact that I spent time there myself back in May, I cannot for the life of me now recall if the sleeper car lounge in LA's Union Station has its own name (you know, the way the one in Chicago is called the Metropolitan Lounge). I'm completely blanking on this, and it's driving me nuts. Hits on the Union Station website and the Amtrak website didn't seem to reveal a name for it.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Added question: Can sleeper car lounges be used if you've just gotten off a sleeper car but are staying in town a few days and need to crash a few hours before checking in to your hotel? Or are they exclusively for people getting ONTO a train/sleeper car, and not for people who are merely getting OFF?

Thanks, definitely helpful info.

So, it's definitely also called the Metropolitan Lounge in L.A. as well as Chicago?
Yep, it's a brand that is used for most of the lounges outside the northeast corridor.

Added question: Can sleeper car lounges be used if you've just gotten off a sleeper car but are staying in town a few days and need to crash a few hours before checking in to your hotel? Or are they exclusively for people getting ONTO a train/sleeper car, and not for people who are merely getting OFF?
I have visited a Metropolitan Lounge after getting off a long-distance train (in sleeper) with no further train travel scheduled for that day. Of course, policies can change and implementation of policies can vary with the attendant. Good luck.

Back