Surfliner/Phase V F40PH Videos

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. Please move if needed to, mods.

Recently, I've been on a hunt to find videos of the 4 Surfliner/Phase V F40PH locomotives (unit #s 381, 383, 399, 415) in Amtrak service. So far, the search has turned up no videos of these units in amtrak service. However, forum posts on some other websites seem to confirm the existence of said videos. Does anyone know where to find these videos online? If not, does anyone have any videos of them on here?

I'm looking for videos of units not operating commuter rail service or in the post-Amtrak years of their lives. I am not including NPCU/cabbage units, either. Here's a link to a picture if your unfamiliar with the scheme I'm looking for. http://orig04.deviantart.net/f16f/f/2011/345/0/c/amtrak_surfliner_f40ph_381_on_the_surfliner_by_trinityctstudios-d4itnzn.jpg

Thank you,

amtraknortheast1

It might be possible to find very recent video of one in service. The Music City Star in Nashville still has one in this scheme which was never painted after Amtrak sold it.

It might be possible to find very recent video of one in service. The Music City Star in Nashville still has one in this scheme which was never painted after Amtrak sold it.
I'm looking for videos of units not operating commuter rail service or in the post-Amtrak years of their lives.
I'm looking for videos of the units when they were operating under Amtrak only. Thank you for the assistance, however.

Surfliner/Phase V F40PH locomotives (unit #s 381, 383, 399, 415)
just a quick clarification. The Surfliner paint scheme is not the same as Phase V. None of those F40s are or were ever in Phase V, only most recently in the Surfliner paint scheme. This is (an NPCU) in Phase V.

Some more information about the different schemes.

peter
thank you for the clarification, as walthers model trains in HO and several other sources have stated that the surfliner scheme was Phase V on the F40PHs, like how pepsi can was Phase 3 for the b32-8whs

Back