LSL Delays

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is major track work in that area. It results in single tracking along the busiest east-west route that CSX operates. Obviously, this causes congestion. I suppose we should be grateful they are maintaining it instead of ripping out one of the tracks. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
So shall I assume these delays are likely to continue thru the rest of the summer and into Fall before they wrap up for the season?

If the delays are then going to be "built-in" due to these changes would it not be advisable then for Amtrak to modify their schedule to reflect the reality of the slow pace? The LSL has not been on time into CHI in quite a while.

If the delays are then going to be "built-in" due to these changes would it not be advisable then for Amtrak to modify their schedule to reflect the reality of the slow pace? The LSL has not been on time into CHI in quite a while.
Like they did for the empire builder during the North Dakota oil boom?
Didn't turn out too well for Amtrak then, so why do so now?

Hunter Harrison is insane and is now being officially investigated by the Surface Transportation Board for threatening national security (!) by disrupting the nation's transportation system!

It would be a good time for New York State to throw its weight around and purchase the tracks from CSX.

Hello All, I am on the LakeShore Limited 48/448 now at Utica and we keep getting delayed. Frustrating as we were a few minutes early into Buffalo, but we are hitting one delay after another. Not sure why we sat here at Utica this long. Thanks for the updates on the track work. Is there normally this much track work on a Sunday? Thank you!

It's temporary and roving which would make it hard to pin down. It also depends on the level of traffic which can vary from day to day.

Hello All, I am on the LakeShore Limited 48/448 now at Utica and we keep getting delayed. Frustrating as we were a few minutes early into Buffalo, but we are hitting one delay after another. Not sure why we sat here at Utica this long. Thanks for the updates on the track work. Is there normally this much track work on a Sunday? Thank you!
This particular track gang is working Sunday-Wednesday. Additionally, even when they aren't working, sometimes the track isn't available for use in their absence. This can lead to single tracking and the associated congestion delays.

I just took a look at #49 today and argh, it is 4 hours and 15 minutes late, again!! I will be on this train, connecting to the EB in less than a month. Who would have thought with a 5 hour connection time we might not make it!!!!!

:-(

Back