Trains invisible (ASM, Track a Train not working)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmjhagen9426

OBS Chief
It looks like trains are invisible today.

Transit Docs: No Luck

Amtrak tracker: No Luck

Anyone have any idea what is going on, it looks as if none are running today, at least according to the tracker.

On the check status page, where I entered a train number, it shows that the train is on the move. What is causing this inconsistency?

Here are some photos for your information. If they cause copyright issues, I will promptly remove it.

status_11.PNG

trt_blank.PNG

asm_nous.PNG

I'm seeing the same thing on my end. Was the president's transportation budget secretly implemented when we weren't looking? :lol:

On a more serious note I hope it's not another attempt to further restrict helpful data collection. -_-

In any case I'd like to take this moment to thank the folks who have made these maps available to us. I've used them several times to track trains as a passenger and to help with trainspotting as a bystander. Regardless of what this particular development may or may not mean for the future they've been an invaluable resource to me in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing the same thing on my end. Was the president's transportation budget secretly implemented when we weren't looking? :lol:

On a more serious note I hope it's not another attempt to further restrict helpful data collection. -_-

In any case I'd like to take this moment to thank the folks who have made these maps available to us. I've used them several times to track trains as a passenger and to help with trainspotting as a bystander. Regardless of what this particular development may or may not mean for the future they've been an invaluable resource to me in the past.
If only ASM was invisible, then I would say it is blocking helpful data collection. Since Amtrak tracker on Amtrak.com Track a Train is also invisible, I guess not. Also if that was the case, why was I able to check a train status for a station?

If only ASM was invisible, then I would say it is blocking helpful data collection. Since Amtrak tracker on Amtrak.com Track a Train is also invisible, I guess not. Also if that was the case, why was I able to check a train status for a station?
Oh, I misunderstood and missed the part about Amtrak's own map. Yeah, in that case the failure is almost certainly between the fleet maintenance service and Amtrak's public facing tracking service. Hard to know where exactly the blockage is but in my experience those fleet tracking services can be intermittently flaky at the data stream level. Then again it's not like Amtrak has rock solid IT either so who knows.

Dixieland and I use completely independent data sources.
I'm guessing ASM Transit Docs sources from Amtrak Track A Train for Amtrak trains, and the Canadian counterpart tracker for VIA trains, while Dixieland uses "Check Status" tab on Amtrak.com left hand side reservation maker. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Looks like ASM Transit Docs (I believe it is Train 2104's tracker) has hiccuped again - badly. Neither Amtrak nor Via is showing up. So I must bring life back to this thread.
It's not an ASM Transit Docs problem, but a symptom of Amtrak's source data not working. Their Track-A-Train map is also blank.

Back