Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

A Glorious Infographic of North America's Transit Fleets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

Check out these meticulously detailed infographics of every public transportation mode in 24 major cities.

Be sure to follow the links in the article to see more of these and larger image sizes.

https://www.citylab....-fleets/536511/

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#2 Metra Electric Rider

Metra Electric Rider

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

That's pretty cool, though I'm surprised he missed the South Shore Line highliner(s) for Chicago.

SJ - Norra Stambanan, Nordvästra stambanan, Södra stambanan, Dalabanan

NSB- Bergensbanen, Kongsvingerbanen, Rørosbanen, Dovrebanen, Flåmsbana, Roa–Hønefossbanen

Amtrak - Floridian, San Francisco Zephyr, Southwest Limited, Illini, State House

#3 fairviewroad

fairviewroad

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

That's pretty cool, though I'm surprised he missed the South Shore Line highliner(s) for Chicago.

Yeah, I'm sure there are lots of errors/discrepancies one could find. For instance, he includes the Amtrak Cascades in Portland, Seattle and Vancouver in the category of "commuter and intercity rail" but he does not include any Amtrak services in places like the NEC or Chicago.

I think it's better to view it as a graphic design project, rather than an exhaustive list of transit vehicles.

#4 Metra Electric Rider

Metra Electric Rider

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, I noticed that inconsistency with Amtrak as well. But still nicely done.

SJ - Norra Stambanan, Nordvästra stambanan, Södra stambanan, Dalabanan

NSB- Bergensbanen, Kongsvingerbanen, Rørosbanen, Dovrebanen, Flåmsbana, Roa–Hønefossbanen

Amtrak - Floridian, San Francisco Zephyr, Southwest Limited, Illini, State House

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users