Beach Boys are using an Amtrak Train and Station as a backdrop

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

railpost

Service Attendant
Yes you heard right. Mike Loves Beach Boys ( one the two remnant bands of the Old Beach Boys) has a photo on their website taken a train station (presumably in California) with an Amtrak Superliner and a California Surfliner equipped train in the background.

Here is a link to that page.

https://www.thebeachboys.com/tour?artist=6

Does anyone know what station that the photo was taken at?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too bad the tickets are kind of expensive. The Beach Boys were my first concert (1990), and I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

It's too bad the tickets are kind of expensive. The Beach Boys were my first concert (1990), and I wouldn't mind seeing them again.
They will be playing at the New York State Fair for free in Syracuse New York on Friday August 25th at 7pm.

They will be playing at the New York State Fair for free in Syracuse New York on Friday August 25th at 7pm.
Thanks, but that's an 8-9 hour drive from my location. :)

Yes the Lake Shore Limited will take you to Syracuse. The railroad goes past the state fair however the trains stops several miles east of there so have to go back west to the State Fair Grounds.

If I won't pay $60 for a ticket to the local concert, what makes you think I would pay for a round-trip ticket on the LSL? :p

How many of you have ever listened to the Beach Boys famous Pet Sounds Album?

If you have ever listened to it then you would know that the very last cut on the Album features a recording of a railroad crossing bell with a fast train approaching and blowing it's Airhorn and you can hear the speeding diesel train go by.

I was wondering how many of you were actually aware of that?

I

If you have ever listened to it then you would know that the very last cut on the Album...
On the original album. The various repackagings and reissues over the past few decades have included bonus tracks after the train sound effects. (Most notably "Hang On to Your Ego," the original version of "I Know There's an Answer.")

Yes, I was actually aware of that. :D

If I won't pay $60 for a ticket to the local concert, what makes you think I would pay for a round-trip ticket on the LSL? :p
For one, you would get a concert and a train trip out of the deal! :)
And try fried Oreos and get slung through the air on a defective ride and get to smell the cows and raise your blood sugar and cholesterol out of this world.

For one, you would get a concert and a train trip out of the deal! :)
And try fried Oreos and get slung through the air on a defective ride and get to smell the cows and raise your blood sugar and cholesterol out of this world.
A long train ride (that will likely go longer than scheduled), 60's beach music, true thrill rides and junk food that is barely one step beneath what you'll eat on the train. Who could ask for anything more?

My point, same ol worn out stuff from 25 years before you heard it in 1990
I'm sorry you don't appreciate good music. ;)
Yeah your right Sarah, that sounded sort of cold. Im a fan, have to be, ive lived in their hometown since 1963. I've graduated to a higher class of music through the years though, I'm into Punk Rock now.

Back