Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Back to School!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Interests:Ask me!

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:04 PM

Just got an email from AGR...

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.58.16 PM.png   281.29KB   9 downloads

Er...no.

The stated reward is only for clothing. Other stuff earns less.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.58.30 PM.png   141.38KB   9 downloads

Edited by George K, 07 August 2017 - 06:05 PM.

4/1/1955 - NYC "Pacemaker" - NYP to CHI; 9/14 - EB - CHI to PDX , CS - PDX to EMY, CZ - EMY to CHI; 3/15 CONO - Round trip; 9/15 CL CHI to WAS, Acela WAS to BOS, LSL BOS to CHI; 11/15 CONO - Round trip; 5/16 EB - Round trip; 12/16 CONO -  Round Trip; 5/17 EB - Round trip; 10/17 CONO - Round trip

#2 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,281 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

Did you send this to "Consumer Reports" George?

It's perfect for the Ad Exposures on the Back Inside Cover!😎
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#3 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

Did you send this to "Consumer Reports" George?

It's perfect for the Ad Exposures on the Back Inside Cover!

I made the mistake of buying some stuff from Walmart via the AGR portal. I received a lower reward than expected, and then, looking at the "terms and conditions" I realized I had been ripped off inadequately informed.

So, for routine stuff, I use Jet.com, Target, etc.

4/1/1955 - NYC "Pacemaker" - NYP to CHI; 9/14 - EB - CHI to PDX , CS - PDX to EMY, CZ - EMY to CHI; 3/15 CONO - Round trip; 9/15 CL CHI to WAS, Acela WAS to BOS, LSL BOS to CHI; 11/15 CONO - Round trip; 5/16 EB - Round trip; 12/16 CONO -  Round Trip; 5/17 EB - Round trip; 10/17 CONO - Round trip

#4 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,270 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:55 PM

It may be less, but the reason I like to use Wal-Mart is that I can order it on line, and by the time I drive to the store that day it's ready. And I still earn AGR points for it! (No waiting a few days or more.)
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#5 Everydaymatters

Everydaymatters

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  • Interests:Travel, antiques, reading, pinochle, grandkids

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:22 PM

It may be less, but the reason I like to use Wal-Mart is that I can order it on line, and by the time I drive to the store that day it's ready. And I still earn AGR points for it! (No waiting a few days or more.)

I've wondered about that drive-up service Walmart has.  How do you notify them you're there to pick up your order?

Routes Traveled: Desert Wind, Southwest Chief, Missouri Mule, Empire Builder, Capitol Ltd., Lincoln Service, Lake Shore Ltd., Missouri River Runner, City of New Orleans, Cardinal, Silver Meteor, Texas Eagle, Cascades, Broadway Ltd., Acela, Downeaster, Sunset Ltd., Coast Starlight, California Zephyr, Hiawatha, Capitol Corridor, Maple Leaf, Ethan Allen Express 76,745 Amtrak miles.    Via Rail Vancouver to Toronto 2775 Miles.

#6 JayPea

JayPea

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography, reading. And any combination thereof. :)

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:46 PM

I've wondered about that drive-up service Walmart has.  How do you notify them you're there to pick up your order?

Wal-Marts may vary on how this works but at the one I shop at I go to the customer service desk and provide them with the order number. Works like a charm! :)
Amtrak miles traveled: 85410
Pre-Amtrak miles traveled:8478
Bustitution miles traveled:450
States traveled through on Amtrak: 44

#7 OlympianHiawatha

OlympianHiawatha

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:49 PM

I noticed in the promo piece No rewards given on purchases from STORMS; since I live in Oklahoma, that is costing me a ton of points :lol:

#8 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

Same here (almost).

Mine is in the back of the store, I give them the order number and collect my stuff! Today I picked up 4 separate orders, very easy & I earned AGR points! (I was thru American Airlines, and my <$5 purchase extended my 88K frequent flyer miles with them.:) )
Take it easy .......

#9 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.58.16 PM.png

Er...no.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.58.30 PM.png

George, is this Walmart "fine print" newly revised? Had a non-clothing purchase (a watch) a month ago that was definitely 2 points (perhaps a watch is considered "clothing").

A couple of weeks ago, a purchase produced a noticeably lower amount of points.

I too take advantage of Walmart's pick up at store service and get the points too! I've also done that with Best Buy and Home Depot.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/&lt;p&gt; 

#10 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:58 AM

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.58.16 PM.png

Er...no.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.58.30 PM.png

George, is this Walmart "fine print" newly revised? Had a non-clothing purchase (a watch) a month ago that was definitely 2 points (perhaps a watch is considered "clothing").

I believe it's an older policy. I tried to search for my AGR points for a Walmart transaction, but the site wouldn't allow me to change dates after a few searches.

#11 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

I think it has always been like that.
Take it easy .......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users