Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

One person, two cards?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Interests:Ask me!

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

Can one person have two AGR rewards cards?

I assume this disqualifies, right?

"This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer."

Edited by George K, 06 August 2017 - 03:58 PM.

4/1/1955 - NYC "Pacemaker" - NYP to CHI 

9/14 - EB - CHI to PDX , CS - PDX to EMY, CZ - EMY to CHI

3/15 CONO - Round trip 

9/15 CL CHI to WAS, Acela WAS to BOS, LSL BOS to CHI

11/15 CONO - Round trip

5/16 EB - Round trip

12/16 CONO -  Round Trip

5/17 EB - Round trip

10/17 CONO - Round trip

#2 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Probably does but, just thought of this...what if one was the fee card and the other one not? Sure, lesser promotion but, what the heck.

Must be why my wife and I each have our own (card and AGR account).

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#3 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

I have both AGR cards. I got the 2nd one about a year after the 1st one.

Edited by AmtrakBlue, 06 August 2017 - 05:51 PM.

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#4 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

Probably does but, just thought of this...what if one was the fee card and the other one not? Sure, lesser promotion but, what the heck.

I believe that's doable. I really don't need a lot of the perks (TQPs, etc) of the fee card, so I might just do that.

I could apply for the other card and see what happens. After all, it's frequently easier to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

3/15 CONO - Round trip 

11/15 CONO - Round trip

5/16 EB - Round trip

12/16 CONO -  Round Trip

5/17 EB - Round trip

10/17 CONO - Round trip

#5 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:50 PM

I both AGR cards. I got the 2nd one about a year after the 1st one.

Are both the "Fee Cards?" 

That 30K promotion is tempting.

3/15 CONO - Round trip 

11/15 CONO - Round trip

5/16 EB - Round trip

12/16 CONO -  Round Trip

5/17 EB - Round trip

10/17 CONO - Round trip

#6 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

I both AGR cards. I got the 2nd one about a year after the 1st one.

Are both the "Fee Cards?" 

That 30K promotion is tempting.

"Both AGR cards"  - both the fee and the no-fee.

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#7 JayPea

JayPea

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts
  • Location:Colfax, WA (CFX)---Hey, it's only an Amtrak Thruway bus stop, but at least my town in mentioned on Amtrak's website and in their timetable!
  • Interests:Trains, photography, photography of trains, travel, travel by train, reading, reading about trains............

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

I inadvertently got two of the fee cards. I first applied online and got denied. I was on vacation when I tried again, this time by calling, and got approved. Meanwhile my online application got approved, too, but I didn't find that out until I got back from vacation and saw the notification in the mail. The bonus at that time for new accounts was 20,000 points. I got the points for both thus getting 40,000 points. I use one for every day purchases that I pay off monthly and use the other for big purchases and emergencies that I carry a balance on but do my best to pay off. So far it's worked just fine. :)
Amtrak Routes Traveled: City of New Orleans, State House/Lincoln Service, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, Capitol Limited, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle/Sunset Limited, Silver Meteor, Lake Shore Limited, Pacific Surfliner, Cardinal, Vermonter, Northeast Regional, Downeaster

Pre-Amtrak Routes Traveled:
Empire Builder (Great Northern), North Coast Limited (Northern Pacific), Abraham Lincoln (Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio), City of Hinkle  (Union Pacific) Panama Limited (Illinois Central)

Bustitutions: Portland-Spokane (EB),Galesburg-Bloomington (CZ/Lincoln Service )

Amtrak Miles: 85410

Pre-Amtrak Miles: 8478

Bustitution Miles: 450

Excursion trains ridden:  Centralia and Chehalis Railroad, Mt. Hood Scenic Railroad, Alaska Railroad, 1880 Train (Black Hills Central RR) and trains at the Illinois Railway Museum, California Railway Museum, and the Monticello (IL) Railroad Museum.

#8 JayPea

JayPea

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts
  • Location:Colfax, WA (CFX)---Hey, it's only an Amtrak Thruway bus stop, but at least my town in mentioned on Amtrak's website and in their timetable!
  • Interests:Trains, photography, photography of trains, travel, travel by train, reading, reading about trains............

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

After all, it's frequently easier to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

My assistant manager at work frequently says the same thing. You aren't acquainted with her, are you? ;) :lol:
Amtrak Routes Traveled: City of New Orleans, State House/Lincoln Service, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, Capitol Limited, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle/Sunset Limited, Silver Meteor, Lake Shore Limited, Pacific Surfliner, Cardinal, Vermonter, Northeast Regional, Downeaster

Pre-Amtrak Routes Traveled:
Empire Builder (Great Northern), North Coast Limited (Northern Pacific), Abraham Lincoln (Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio), City of Hinkle  (Union Pacific) Panama Limited (Illinois Central)

Bustitutions: Portland-Spokane (EB),Galesburg-Bloomington (CZ/Lincoln Service )

Amtrak Miles: 85410

Pre-Amtrak Miles: 8478

Bustitution Miles: 450

Excursion trains ridden:  Centralia and Chehalis Railroad, Mt. Hood Scenic Railroad, Alaska Railroad, 1880 Train (Black Hills Central RR) and trains at the Illinois Railway Museum, California Railway Museum, and the Monticello (IL) Railroad Museum.

#9 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:35 PM

After all, it's frequently easier to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

My assistant manager at work frequently says the same thing. You aren't acquainted with her, are you? ;) :lol:

I'll never, ever, tell.

3/15 CONO - Round trip 

11/15 CONO - Round trip

5/16 EB - Round trip

12/16 CONO -  Round Trip

5/17 EB - Round trip

10/17 CONO - Round trip

#10 George K

George K

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

iirc, there was a 24 month "blackout" for the Chase AGR card during which you couldn't apply for another Chase Sapphire Card. Does anyone know if a smilier restriction exists for BOA?

3/15 CONO - Round trip 

11/15 CONO - Round trip

5/16 EB - Round trip

12/16 CONO -  Round Trip

5/17 EB - Round trip

10/17 CONO - Round trip

#11 me_little_me

me_little_me

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:52 PM

I got a fee card up front. My wife got a no-fee one. At the end of September, I plan to dump the fee card as that is the anniversary date so I won't pay or another year. I already got the no-fee one and have met the bonus requirement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users