Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

NYC Subway R32s

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Swadian Hardcore

Swadian Hardcore

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Transportation, business, politics, and military history.

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

Which runs of the A/C and J/Z get the R32? Coming from JFK Airport.

MCI 102DL3 SUPERFAN
A MILLION MILES A DAY
DETROIT DIESEL 6067BK28

#2 DoB

DoB

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

Specific runs aren't scheduled by car class, but very few R32's run on the A (the C doesn't serve Howard Beach), while most of the trains on the J/Z are R32's. Go to Jamaica and wait downstairs - if the first train in isn't what you want, the second or third probably will be.

#3 dogbert617

dogbert617

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

On the A/C combined line when I was in NYC a few years ago, I remember the R32s were usually assigned to local trains. This was around SoHo btw. Can't remember specifically if I was on an A or c train.

As I recall from my 2 past NYC trips (2009 and 2013), I agree with DoB. You won't have to wait long for an R32 equipped train, whether you're on the A/C or J/Z line. Like DoB said, at worse it'd be every other train, unless MTA has quietly begun the process of retiring the R32s already. And I'm under the impression they've kept delaying the retirement of those railcars. I'm amazed those railcars have outlived a few types of R__ railcars(i.e. R38s), that were retired sooner!

Edited by dogbert617, 05 August 2017 - 11:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users