Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Amtrak points for joining NARP - delay

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MD/DCFlyer

MD/DCFlyer

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

I've joined NARPrail a month ago taking advantage of the increase points for joining offer.

However, the points never posted to my Amtrak account. E-mail and social media contacts with NARP are going unanswered.

What is the best way to contact them and inquire when the points are joing to post?

#2 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,557 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

The relevant folks will probably see this and be along shortly...
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#3 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:29 PM

I'd give it a couple of months.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#4 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:16 AM

NARP has to send the points requests to AGR in batches every so often. It's quite a manual process. It will go through, but it can take a while.
Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#5 MD/DCFlyer

MD/DCFlyer

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:05 AM

That is a bit disappointing - one would presume that a group can deliver as promised. Considering that the increased points campaign was intended to increase membership by offering the extra points (exactly the decision I've made - I need those 1000 points for a redemption - it was either just buy them, or contribute to the advocacy group and do some good in the process), it does not give a very good imperssion of the advocacy group and its abilities across the board.

#6 MD/DCFlyer

MD/DCFlyer

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

Either by co-incidence or because of this forum - the points posted this morning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users