Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Luggage storage at Boston South Station

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AudenHoggart

AudenHoggart

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

Anyone know the per item charge for storing luggage at Boston  South Station baggage claim for the day (prior to taking an evening train?)

Thanks!

#2 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

Are we talking about checking bags on 65/67 leaving in the evening, or any other NER which are carry on? 

#3 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,294 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

I don't even think that there is a true bag claim there. I believe most of the bags are claimed trainside in Boston. If you're on say 177 or 179 during the week, you'd be ok leaving them with a red cap. 

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#4 leacrane

leacrane

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

Correct. No baggage room, check with red caps OR go to top floor of the bus terminal(next to south station) where they will check bags. Please google or call to find prices

#5 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,942 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:13 PM

I haven't been to BOS in a couple of years. Did they close the baggage room?:huh:

It used to be in the separate building next to the tracks just out the door on the left. Don't forget there are 2 trains with checked baggage, LSL & 65/66/67 serving BOS.

Edited by the_traveler, 22 July 2017 - 11:13 PM.

Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#6 OBS

OBS

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:41 PM

I haven't been to BOS in a couple of years. Did they close the baggage room? :huh:

It used to be in the separate building next to the tracks just out the door on the left. Don't forget there are 2 trains with checked baggage, LSL & 65/66/67 serving BOS.

The baggage room is still there and functional, including short term storage. I do not know the cost, sorry...

#7 Triley

Triley

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

I haven't been to BOS in a couple of years. Did they close the baggage room? :huh:

The baggage room is still there and functional, including short term storage. I do not know the cost, sorry...

$5 per $24 hours.

Attached Files

My posts are my own opinions and do not represent the views of my employer in any way, shape, or form. ~ Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

#8 HP_Lovecraft

HP_Lovecraft

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:50 AM

The Club Acela will happily hold your luggage all day.  You can buy a day pass from them for $20 or so, or get some from agr website, etc.

Might end up being cheaper that way, plus you get all the free papers, drinks, and snacks you can fit in that luggage.  (unlike other lounges, the BOS one seems to have a great selection that never runs out).

#9 Maverickstation

Maverickstation

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Equality.

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

Yes, the Baggage Checkroom at South Station is alive and well, and is next to track 13. 

The Club Acela is impressive, and shows off the historic details of the station pre-restoration.

I live close enough to really have use for it, but when riding Acela First Class I'll get there early to take advantage of it.

Ken  

Attached Files

Edited by Maverickstation, 23 July 2017 - 06:17 AM.

The poster formally known as Peconicstation.

Location: Boston MA, the greatest city in America, and home of South Station, Amtrak's best large city station.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users