Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Silver Star and Augusta, GA

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 LookingGlassTie

LookingGlassTie

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

I was thinking that if Amtrak DID offer thruway bus service between DNK and Augusta, the bus could stop at the Southeastern Stages & Greyhound station at the intersection of Greene & 12th Streets in downtown Augusta. 

"And you know that notion just crossed my mind............"

#42 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,175 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Looks like a backup move would be involved, a somewhat lengthy one at that, to get the CLT - CLB routed SS to make it to the Columbia Amtrak station. So the timings allocated for that segment needs to be augmented to account for such.

#43 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

Looks like a backup move would be involved, a somewhat lengthy one at that, to get the CLT - CLB routed SS to make it to the Columbia Amtrak station. So the timings allocated for that segment needs to be augmented to account for such.

One wouldn't have to do that if they ever built the long proposed Fairwold connection to take the R line out of USCs campus. That would route the Ex SOU onto the ex SAL where they crossover on the north side of town.
View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net
Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)
Steam Engines I've worked behind: Norfolk & Western No. 611; Nickel Plate Road No. 765; Southern Pacific No. 4449

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users