CUS passenger services.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will miss my connection at CUS and supposed to go to passenger services to get a hotel room. Where is this at CUS and can they also make my reservatio on thE LSL got tomorrow??

http://www.chicagounionstation.com/map_concourse.html

I'm pretty sure it is still there. Last time I missed a connection, they made the reservation for the next day, and gave me a voucher for the hotel, as well as a voucher for meal money and cab fare which needed to be brought to a ticket counter since they didn't have cash. I don't think that has changed. I got the Swissotel and it was pretty nice, unfortunately the weather was horrible so I did not enjoy my day in Chicago, otherwise there is a ton of things to see and do.

Passenger Services can make the reservation, or you can call from the train, explain the issue, and have your reservation made before you even get to Chicago. (This might help ensure you get a room if you booked a room previously.)

Depending on your destination (I go to NYP), and room availability you could also potentially move to the CL and NER as an option tomw because the LSL does leave pretty late. It does involve completing part of your trip without a sleeper, that may or may not be factor.

I just saw the other thread on the two sleeper cars at CUS. I hope someone here has actually stayed in one and writes about it! That's a new one on me!

I think I read a post on Facebook a while ago from someone who stayed in one, but I don't recall which FB group it was in.

I remember reading a post of a couple people who were put up in the sleepers, but was not not great. I think it had to do with a really late arrival where questions were raised about keeping the sleepers in the station, but they were awakened to transfer to the waiting sleepers, then wakened early to vacate these stationary cars.

Back