#1 fixj

fixj

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Trains

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

Anyone else having trouble connecting to Amsnag? Here is the message I have gotten for the past two days:

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'biketra1_php'@'localhost' to database 'biketra1_amsnag' in /home/biketra1/public_html/common/mysqli.php on line 6
Failed to connect: localhost, biketra1_php, jackie5225, biketra1_amsnag

Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home/biketra1/public_html/common/mysqli.php on line 53

#2 niemi24s

niemi24s

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

You're referring to Version 1.  Version 2...  http://biketrain.net...g2.0/amSnag.php ...is OK at the present time.

Edited by niemi24s, 15 July 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#3 acelafan

acelafan

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

I just tried v2 today.  Works well, and has some new options, too.

ASMAD - Has your train been running on time?

Amtrak Timetable Archives - PDFs since 2009

#4 fixj

fixj

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Trains

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

Thanks. I've bookmarked ver 2. In the past I got to version 2 through ver 1. Now I have the direct link. Thanks.

#5 Rail Freak

Rail Freak

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,482 posts
  • Interests:Experiencing the country by RAIL!!!
    U.S. & Native American History

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

Thanx, I'm glad I looked at this thread. I havent tried to use Amsnag in a month or two!

A Rookie No More! But Still A Lot Of Track To Travel !!!
Silver Meteor #97(6) & #98 (4), Silver Star #91 (2), Capitol Limited #29 & #30(6), Empire Builder #7,#8,#27(2) &#28(4) Coast Starlight #11 (6) & #14(5), California Zephyr #5 (2) & #6 (5), Cascades #506, City of New Orleans #58, #59 (2), South West Chief #3 (4), Lake Shore Limited #49, Maple Leaf #63, San Joaquin #714, Pacific Surfliner #774, Texas Eagle #422 (2), Cardinal #50, Crescent #19, Sunset Limited #1. Approx. 60,169 miles & 41 states!

HAVE FUN

#6 DennisInGeorgia

DennisInGeorgia

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Crescent, Capitol Limited, NEC,Empire Builder, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle, Sunset Limited, California Zephyr.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

The "Fare Watch" button seems to be grayed out. Are they still working on it, or is that feature discontinued?

#7 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,205 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

The "Fare Watch" button seems to be grayed out. Are they still working on it, or is that feature discontinued?

I think its temporarily discontinued because of the issue of the emails that people were getting.

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#8 PaulM

PaulM

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • Interests:Bicycling, computer programming, website development, concert band, train travel

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

I think its temporarily discontinued because of the issue of the emails that people were getting.

That is correct.  Version 1 may have been causing the spam fiasco; and I haven't had time to dig through the code to see if that is so.  In the meantime, version 2 is running, as others have mentioned.

The fare watch button on version 2 is no longer disabled.

#9 ABQFloridian

ABQFloridian

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

Thank you for posting this question. The same thing happened to me today, and I just assumed it was some sort of site issue.

Edited by ABQFloridian, 16 July 2017 - 02:36 PM.

#10 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  • Interests:Cross-country skiing, forestry, botany, solar power, gardening and food!

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

Does anyone know what causes this error message? I have gotten it on more than just Amsnag.

Jennifer

I'm a "little Old Lady in Tennis Shoes" (LOLITS) from Eastern Oregon. I love to travel by train, though I live way out in the toolies, far from the nearest Amtrak station (Chemult). My station would have been Baker City, but they cancelled the Oregon Pioneer just before I took my first long-distance train trip as an adult. I've taken most trains in the West, but I'm still exploring new routes in the east.

#11 John Bobinyec

John Bobinyec

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

Does anyone know what causes this error message? I have gotten it on more than just Amsnag.

What error message is that?

jb

LDS Been On:

Old: Phoebe Snow (EL), Montrealer (AT), Laurentian (D&H)

RBBB: St. Petersburg - W. Palm Beach, Lakeland - Atlanta, Baltimore - NYC, Rochester, NY - Hartford, Albuquerque - Salt Lake City, Denver - Chicago

Modern: Ocean (VIA), Silver Star, Capitol Limited, Texas Eagle, Autotrain, Carolinian, Southwest Chief, California Zephyr, Lake Shore Limited

#12 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  • Interests:Cross-country skiing, forestry, botany, solar power, gardening and food!

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

jb

This one:

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user (...)

Except on my other site, it says (nothing to do with you or Amsnag, I am just curious what it means):

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'library'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in (...)

Edited by oregon pioneer, 16 July 2017 - 05:26 PM.

Jennifer

I'm a "little Old Lady in Tennis Shoes" (LOLITS) from Eastern Oregon. I love to travel by train, though I live way out in the toolies, far from the nearest Amtrak station (Chemult). My station would have been Baker City, but they cancelled the Oregon Pioneer just before I took my first long-distance train trip as an adult. I've taken most trains in the West, but I'm still exploring new routes in the east.

#13 acelafan

acelafan

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

jb

This one:

Except on my other site, it says (nothing to do with you or Amsnag, I am just curious what it means):

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'library'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in (...)

That means the web application is trying to connect to a database and the attempt is failing.  Many websites/pages have a database to serve content.  Sometimes the error message is presented to the user, and other times it's hidden "behind the scenes" in log files.  

ASMAD - Has your train been running on time?

Amtrak Timetable Archives - PDFs since 2009

#14 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

jb

This one:

That means the web application is trying to connect to a database and the attempt is failing.  Many websites/pages have a database to serve content.  Sometimes the error message is presented to the user, and other times it's hidden "behind the scenes" in log files.  

Thank you. The webmaster on this one has health issues, and I am just the news "updater" (social media volunteer for a nonprofit board), and I can't do anything about it.

Jennifer

#15 PaulM

PaulM

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • Interests:Bicycling, computer programming, website development, concert band, train travel

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

Could whoever owns amsnag.net re-point it to

http://biketrain.net...g2.0/amSnag.php

#16 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,340 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

Don’t think I can do it from work, I’ll grab it tonight.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users