Former Conrail President batory nominated to lead FRA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously, it could have been much much worse. He actually seems like a solid pro and apparently not a zealot of some economics-as-religion cult. So I'm much relieved.

What is Conrail anyway? A grab bag of tracks left over from the Norfolk Southern/CSX carve-up some 20 years ago and more? So now remnants run by a neutral "Conrail" and open to all other operators, rather than having NS and CSX fighting forever more about the unfairness that a rival got this piece or that?

OK. I didn't even go to Wikipedia. LOL.

Some pretty favorable comments here, if you expand to read his professional bio.... http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=270148877&privcapId=53743865

Conrail truly was a resounding success, and fulfilled its original mission so well, that the government recouped its investment fully, with the IPO....

I jumped on that opportunity, and did quite well personally... ;)

I am sorry that the Company was carved up eventually....I had always hoped that instead of its eventual fate, it would have instead merged with one of the western roads.... :(

Back