Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Air Canada Near-Miss at SFO

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 XHRTSP

XHRTSP

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

I fly my 74 into SFO pretty regularily, almost always at night, and I can assure you it's nothing especially hard or tricky.

I'd go more detail but I'm on layover at HNL (poor me) with just my iPad and it's a pain to do long post, so I'll just second what Saxman said.

Sarah,
Not a good anology. Imagine a car had two drivers and two steering wheels and two dashboards, and one od the drivers had to monitor what the other was doing when they were steering, including specifically the speedomoter. And nit only that, the speedometer needle changed colors and flashed at you when you were even slighhtly off parameters.

#42 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,192 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the additional info. Very helpful for filling in a few gaps in our understanding.

#43 SarahZ

SarahZ

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,094 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, baking, local history, urban exploration, music, dancing, and looking for new adventures

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

Sarah,
Not a good anology. Imagine a car had two drivers and two steering wheels and two dashboards, and one od the drivers had to monitor what the other was doing when they were steering, including specifically the speedomoter. And nit only that, the speedometer needle changed colors and flashed at you when you were even slighhtly off parameters.

Thank you! That does help.

Amtrak Miles: 39,318

Amtrak Routes: Blue Water, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Carl Sandburg, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Illinois Zephyr, Lincoln Service, Southwest Chief, Texas Eagle, Wolverine

Metropolitan Rail: Chicago Metra, Chicago L, Dallas TRE, Detroit People Mover, New Orleans RTA, San Francisco MUNI, Seattle Monorail, South Shore Line (NICTD), Toronto Subway & RT, Washington DC Metro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users