Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Amtrak Layover in Washington-What should I do?

20 replies to this topic

#21 dlagrua

dlagrua

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts
  • Interests:Car collecting, Train Travel, Model RR, Visiting Historical sights, Cooking, Antiques, but above all love for friends and family.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

First, 90 minutes is not long enough to see anything. I would walk through the station, grab a snack, then relax in the lounge. As far as missed connections, flying or rail, I find using the phone much more efficient and definitely cuts the lines. If the Amtrak phone agent has issues, I don't hesitate suggesting a supervisor reminding them that this is time sensitive.

Would have to agree here. After arriving getting off the train and checking/receiving your bags you have only a 90 minute window.  You will board your regional train about 10-15 minutes early. You will have maybe 1:15 and that assumes an OTA.  WAS Union Station has a huge food court, two Starbucks and a shopping mall within. If you were a sleeper passenger.You can wait in the Acela lounge  I would recommend staying in the station. Too little time to get bored.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users